A French fries alternate
- sweet potatoes. // Shape;Nov2007, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p150
The article presents several recipes for sweet potatoes including one as a soup, another as a juice and one another as a side dish.
- My Favorite Holiday Dish. // People;2007 Holiday Extra, p10
The author reports that sweet potato casserole is the favorite holiday dish of Jordin Sparks, a former contestant on the television program "American Idol." Sparks' mother is quoted in the article as saying that sweet potato casserole as been a favorite of Jordin's since she was five years old....
- A Sweet Potato Sampler. Lear, Jane Daniels // Gourmet;Nov2009, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p122
The article presents several varieties of sweet potatoes for cookery. Varieties include Louisiana sweets which were marketed as yams during 1930s, Japanese sweet potatoes which are the white-fleshed types in Asia, and the American varieties. It notes that sweet potatoes are packed with vitamins...
- Not-Just-for-Kids Recipes. Mack, Patricia // Prevention;Sep2004, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p169
Presents recipes for healthy meals for children and adults. Consideration of the ingredients used in the recipes for dishes such as baked sweet potato fries and thai peanut noodles. INSET: After-school-snack makeovers.
- Glazed ham with sweet potatoes. Vitetta-Miller, Robin // Shape;Dec2004, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p146
The article focuses on Sweet potatoes, which helps to maintain the glowing skin. Sweet potatoes are usually enjoyed in mass quantities around this time of year and then quickly forgotten in January. A 1-cup serving offers 6.6 grams of fiber and a whopping 1,922 micrograms of vitamin A, essential...
- SWEET POTATO FRIES. // Shape;Feb2009, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p138
The article discusses the nutritional value of sweet potato fries. Sweet potatoes contain high volumes of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin A, and vitamin B. However, when restaurants prepare them they remove the skin where most of the fiber is contained and fry them in oil which means they are...
- Sweet potato pie with praline pecan sauce. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/24/95, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p39
Presents the recipe for sweet potato pie with praline pecan sauce served at B. Smith's restaurants in New York City and Washington, D.C.
- Vegetable fundamentals. Feren, Maury // Restaurant Hospitality;May94, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p102
No abstract available.
- Sweet spud snacks wow TV tasters. McCord, Holly // Prevention;Sep95, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p65
Presents a recipe for baked sweet potato sticks.