Attn: School foodservice directors and other commodity purchasers
- Locally grown foods for school lunches. // Food Engineering;Jun2011, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p17
The article reports on the use of local farm products in school meals in the U.S. based on rules of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) as of June 2011.
- DoD produce change. // FoodService Director;3/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p1
This article reports on the changes to the DoD Fresh Program of the Defense Supply Center Philadelphia (DSCP) of the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) as of March 2006. The changes will affect procurement, storage and delivery of fresh produce to U.S. Agriculture department (USDA) school...
- Thorn of Plenty. // Time;3/15/1954, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p94
The article focuses on the surpluses in the agricultural products of the U.S. which total 2.7 billion U.S. dollars in March 1954. It reports that General Foods Corp. board chairman Clarence Francis was appointed by the U.S. federal government as a presidential adviser on surpluses and chairman...
- Fresh produce to the school lunchroom. Meissen, Roger // Missouri Ruralist;Mar2011, Vol. 151 Issue 3, p34
The article offers information on the initiative of the University of Missouri in connecting schools with farmers. It is inferred that the aim of the institution is to provide schoolchildren with fresh produce from farmers. It explores the difficulty of the plan, noting the inconsistency of...
- Pennsylvania pols seek butter's return. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p38
Presents updates on the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) as of October 2003. Information on the request of Pennsylvania officials to the USDA to restore butter to the school lunch, summer food service and adult care commodity programs of the state; Plans of the USDA for purchasing chicken...
- Improving school lunch grades. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Nov93, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the efforts of the United States Department of Agriculture to improve the food served at schools. School lunches' meeting of nutritional guidelines; Issue of serving more whole grains; Setting up of fast-food restaurants on school grounds; Question of schools being required to offer...
- USDA Announces New Standards for School Meals. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;1/25/2012, p7
The article reports on the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) launch of new school meal standards, requiring students to have access to both vegetables and fruits everyday.
- School Lunches Get a Makeover. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;8/29/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 30, p14
The article focuses on the changes of lunch menus in schools under new regulations of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- USDA's subsidized-meal-program certification to undergo review. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/21/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p20
Reports on the expected review by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) of the process the federal government uses to certify the eligibility of school students for free or reduced-price school meals as of October 2002. American School Food Service Association's letter to the Office of...