Chick-fil-A takes on the competition
- Chick-fil-A Building Irvine Eatery, Several Planned in OC. Bellantonio, Jennifer // Orange County Business Journal;10/27/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p6
Reports on the plans of Chick-fil-A Inc. to open up fast food restaurants in Orange County, California. Locations of the restaurants; Number of restaurants the company plans to open; Plans of the company to add stand-alone restaurants; Company profile and financial performance.
- San Marcos: Chick-fil-A Opening Outlet This Week. Long, Jessica // San Diego Business Journal;12/4/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 49, p20
The article reports on the plan of Atlanta, Georgia-based fast-food franchise Chick-fil-A to open on December 6, 2006 at 587 Grand Avenue in San Diego, California. The company is planning a promotional event that promises to award the first 100 patrons a one-year supply of free Chick-fil-A combo...
- Chick-fil-A launches 500th restaurant. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/10/94, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p42
Reports on Chick-fil-A company's launching of its 500th quick-service restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia. Significance of the launching.
- BFY Becoming Big Deal. // Prepared Foods;Feb2010, Vol. 179 Issue 2, p31
The article offers information on health-oriented fares added to menus of quick-service restaurants such as yoghurt parfait by Chick-fil-A to its dessert options and the better-for-you (BFY) items such as a low-fat cranberry orange muffin by Dunkin' Donuts.
- Every success revolves around one word -- what's yours? Gitomer, Jeffrey // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;1/14/2013, Vol. 42 Issue 22, p10
The author discusses the factors that contribute to the success of Chick-fil-A which he observed during a visit to the fastfood restaurant. He examines the impact of the friendly personnel, the fast delivery of their lunches and quality of the food. He commends the training of personnel,...
- SUPER CHIX. Griffith, Dotty // Restaurant Business;Jun2014, Vol. 113 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on the opening of Arlington, Texas-based Super Chix chicken and fries restaurant in April 2014 which was speculated as an attempt of its parent company Yum! Brands Inc. to clone its rival fast food restaurant chain Chick-fil-A Inc.
- Chick-fil-A offers a new public face. Horovitz, Bruce // Christian Century;5/14/2014, Vol. 131 Issue 10, p19
The article reports developments in the operation of the iconic chicken chain Chick-Fil-A in the U.S. as of mid-May 2014. According to chief executive officer (CEO) Dan Cathy, they want to become a pro-gay establishment from being anti-gay in their bid to become a major player in the fast food...
- Bovine thanksgiving. // Advertising Age;8/25/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 34, p28
This article describes a television advertisement for fast food chain Chick-fil-A created by Richards Group.
- Chick-fil-A teams with ESPN to deliver Net coupon deal. Snyder, Beth // Advertising Age;12/22/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 51, p36
Reports on an advertising campaign by Chick-fil-A with ESPN Internet Ventures that will involve the ability of fans watching a college football game to download a coupon from the Internet. The use of the Internet as a new marketing tool for Chick-fil-A; The handling of the campaign by ad agency...