Reduced-fat food, bvgs. on-the-rise
- Tasty But Less Filling Smoothies. BUZALKA, MIKE // Food Management;Feb2009, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p52
The article presents information on smoothies with low-calories. It is stated that smoothies not only have a high vitamin and nutrient content, but are also high in calories. Customers are demanding low-calorie alternatives that also taste as good. It is stated that the best way of getting...
- Being Fooled by 'Fat-Free' Foods? Hitti, Miranda; Blaney, Beth // Arthritis Today;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p18
Addresses the misconceptions about the calorie-content of fat-free foods. Explanations for the dietary misconceptions; Comparisons from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute.
- Missing Numbers. Hurley, Jayne; Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jun2007, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p9
The article provides tips on reducing fat and caloric intake. It is suggested to hold the cheese and sour cream to reduce bad fat. It is important to choose green tomatillo over tomato salsa to cut sodium intake. It is also recommended to try a tortilla-free Burrito Bol or leave the rice to save...
- Guidelines to help you build a healthy diet -- (Part I). Sibal, Meg // Filipino Reporter;9/28/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 43, p25
The article offers the first part of guidelines for building a healthy diet. The bulk of the calories consumed are presented to come from plant-derived foods such as vegetables, whole grains and legumes. A recommendation for the remainder of calories to come from low-fat or nonfat dairy...
- Low-Carbohydrate Diets. Last, Allen R.; Wilson, Stephen A. // American Family Physician;6/1/2006, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p1942
Americans spend $33 billion annually on weight loss products and services, and a large portion of this money is spent on low-carbohydrate diets. Because of their higher protein and fat content and lower fiber and carbohydrate content, concerns have been raised about the potential health...
- Low-Carb Craze, or Low-Carb Crazy? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Oct2003, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p4
Discusses the carbohydrates-free food offerings and the low-carbohydrates dietary crazes. Calorie content and costs of several carbohydrate food products; Taste tests on low-carbohydrate version of food and beverage; Weight loss value of a low-carbohydrate eating plan. INSET: How Do Food...
- Advice for tackling a 'beer belly'. // Practice Nurse;3/9/2007, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p30
The article offers advice on avoiding and managing fat deposited around the abdomen. It might help to keep a food diary for a few days. A healthy diet is low in fat and includes plenty of carbohydrate, fruit and vegetables. Reducing alcohol intake is important in weight reduction. A sensible...
- Panera's Pepperblue Steak Sandwich. Gorin, Amy // Prevention;Mar2007, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p72
This article reports on how to convert Panera Restaurant's Pepperblue Steak Sandwich into a healthier alternative. As prepared, the sandwich contains 1,040 calories and 49 grams of fat. The author suggests selecting a bread containing fewer calories and choosing an apple over potato chips.
- Soup du jour. Howe, D. K. // American Fitness;May/Jun2001, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p15
Offers ideas on reducing daily caloric intake.