71% rate 'health' profitable
- For majority, wider choice range is best. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p16s
Reports that food service operators in the United States are satisfying a broader range of costumers by offering a wide range of choices and indicating those considered as healthy food. Identification of lowfat and vegetarian recipes; Selection of recipes from computer programs and cookery...
- Building daily awareness. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p74
Reports on the strategies of Southwest General Health Center in Ohio in promoting health foods at its food service facility. Increase in the number and varieties of health foods; Description of programs such as Weight Watchers, Dining Light, Sacred Heart's Healthy Living and Lean Cuisine.
- FoodCapsule: How operators rate health trends. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p5
Cites the Calorie Control Council's 1998 survey of food service operators concerning the popularity of healthy foods among American consumers. Increase in the number of Americans that consume low-calorie or reduced-fat foods in the past five years; Ratings for healthy menus in non-commercial...
- More campuses step-up labeling. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p76
Reports on the health food promotion and information programs by college food service operations in the United States. Food offers by the University of Notre Dame in Indiana, the University of Wisconsin in Whitewater and the University of California in Santa Barbara and San Diego; Labeling of...
- A recent study finds that restaurants promote more low-calorie specials on Tuesday than any other... // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p34
Details food service executives' strategies for promoting healthy food items in their restaurants. Respondents include Kevin Ronayne, director of support services for Hamot Medical Center in Erie, Pennsylvania; Bill Mellette, executive chef for Elf Atochem in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Brigham...
- In Brief. // Food Management;Aug2009, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p12
The article offers news briefs related to food service in the U.S. Aramark Corp. will open its concession stand which offers gluten-free food products at Coors Field. The Library of Congress has selected FAME Food Management Inc. to manage its food services for an expansion of onsite dining...
- Radical ravioli. // Vegetarian Times;Jun93, Issue 190, p12
Presents the D'Alterio's Vegetable Tortellini and Ravioli. Fat content; Ingredients.
- Energy, Vitality and Schizandra in One. Thompson, Stephanie // Brandweek;07/05/99, Vol. 40 Issue 27, p35
Introduces Bodhi energy bar. Health benefits from the product; Flavors; Marketer.
- Deli, health-food store to open in Post Falls. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);9/26/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 20, pA7
Reports the remodeling of space for health-food market and deli by Wanda and Florence Galland in Post Falls, Idaho. Opening schedule; Offering of grocery items and prepared foods; Delivery of grocery within a limited area.