Graduated pay & scholarships lure f/s help
- School daze: Foodservice directors lament shallow student-employee pool. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;07/06/98, Vol. 32 Issue 27, p41
Focuses on the problem of foodservice directors at universities and colleges in United States concerning student labor shortage. Reasons for the lack of student employees; Solutions implemented by universities and colleges to ease the problem; Bonuses offered by universities and contract...
- Labor: Costs up 7.5% as fsds strive to retain staff. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p62
Looks at the performance of self-operating foodservice in colleges in the United States as of 1999. Labor costs; How colleges address the problem of labor shortage; Student employees employed by the University of Connecticut in Storrs; Incentive programs; Wage.
- MERCHANTS-ON-POINTS PLAN: Tufts students spend debit $ off-campus now. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p16
Introduces the additional service provided by Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts, for its students in relation to foodservice. Features of the merchant-on-points program; Partnership agreement between Tufts and local foodservice operators.
- IN COLLEGES: Campus execs. lead in tenure. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p52
Deals with the economic prospects of the college food service segment in the U.S.. Compensation bracket of the segment; Dropout rates of its employees; Challenges facing college food service directors; Customer enhancements in college food service.
- Rocking Out. // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p32
The article profiles Richard Mancino, executive chef at Wagner College Staten Island, New York. As executive chef for Chartwells at Wagner College, he is currently working to develop a new four-week cycle menu for the upcoming school year. Mancino says he always liked to cook, and cooking is...
- Tufts University Contract Moves Avendra to Higher Education. // FoodService Director;2/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p6
This article reports that based Avendra has expanded its procurement services to Tufts University in Boston, Massachusetts, its first higher education account. According to Director of Dining Services Patti Klos, the contract started in summer 2008 and has already been successful for her...
- Remarkable Service. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p26
The article features Jon Lewis, director of dining at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. He has improved food service at the university by implementing the Remarkable Service Program which recognizes outstanding employees and empowering them with new meal plans. Lewis increased...
- Making the grade: Colleges find ways to attract student workers. Blake, Kathy // Nation's Restaurant News;11/17/97, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p42
Focuses on the strategies of college food service operators in the United States in recruiting students to work for them. Reliance on surveys to identify what students are looking for in a part-time job; Holding of job fairs in campuses; Offer of salaries higher than the minimum wage.
- Shirley Everett: Leading College Foodservice to Top of Class. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/12/2004 Supplement, Vol. 38, p28
Profiles Shirley Everett, former director of residential dining at Stamford University, California, and recipient of the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association's Silver Plate Award in 1997. Career in the foodservice industry; Major accomplishments.