Sparrow Health System opens branded foodcourt
- Sparrow to launch 4,000-ft. foodcourt. // FoodService Director;10/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p5
Reports that Sparrow Health System in Lansing, Michigan plans to open its second major dining facility on January 1, 1998. Size of this foodcourt; What this facility is built for; Comments made by Wally Wozniak, director of food and nutrition services; Cost of the dining facility.
- Mayo Clinic announces Sparrow Health System as Mayo Clinic Care Network Member. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;7/19/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that the Mayo Clinic officials have announced the organization Sparrow Health System in Michigan, as a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network.
- Coalition fails to block Mich. merger. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;12/01/97, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p6
Focuses on the completion of the merger between Sparrow Health Systems, Saint Lawrence Hospital and Healthcare Services after a coalition of physicians and consumers failed in an attempt to block the deal. Denial of a restraining order by a federal judge; Comments from United States District...
- Sparrow, Blues Ink Agreement For Six Months. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/13/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p7
Reports that Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan and Sparrow Health System have reached an agreement that will keep Sparrow Health System in Blues' network until June of 2003. Information on the agreement; Claims of Sparrow against Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan; Commitment of...
- Interview with Andrea Price, FACHE, Executive Vice President, Sparrow Health System, and Chief Operating Officer, Sparrow Hospital. // Journal of Healthcare Management;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p2
The article presents an interview with Andrea Price, chief operating officer (COO) of Sparrow Hospital and executive vice president (EVP) of Sparrow Health System. When asked about her dual role as EVP and COO, she stated that she manages the day-to-day operations of the hospital along with the...
- Kira Carter. Finkel, Ed // Modern Healthcare;9/15/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 37, p24
The article features Kira Carter, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Sparrow Specialty Hospital in Lansing, Michigan. Carter has led the 36-bed long-term acute-care facility, part of Sparrow Health System, has held her current position for the past two years, after two years as chief...
- MIDWEST. // Modern Healthcare;9/21/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 38, p21
This section presents an update on the health care sector in midwest U.S. Blue Care Network forged a deal to acquire the membership of Physicians Health Plan of Mid-Michigan from Sparrow Health System. The deal still requires approval from the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance...
- Sparrow Also Challenges Blues. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/9/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p7
Reports on a dispute between Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Sparrow Health System over reimbursement payments as of December 2002. Information on the claims of Sparrow that it loses money under the contract with Blue; Description of the health insurance industry.
- Health care industry expands - and contracts. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/31/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 53, p56
The article focuses on the changes in the health care industry in the U.S. It offers information on Sparrow Health System which is one of the largest health care system, with two campuses. It presents information on the expansion plans of Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital worth 62.5 million...