Sony Music cafeteria boosts sales with 'action stations'
- After midnight. Christman, Ed // Billboard;8/7/93, Vol. 105 Issue 32, p44
Reports on BMG Classics' midnight instore at Tower Records in New York. Marking of release of original cast recording of `The Who's Tommy'; Main Attractions.
- Sony Music Entertainment. // Pensions & Investments;12/22/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p42
Focuses on the plans of Sony Music Entertainment to add funds to its 401(k) plans which is worth $227 million. Information on the present fund.
- Wigged out. // Billboard;07/19/97, Vol. 109 Issue 29, p80
Presents a photograph of Sony Music Distribution's home video sales team.
- Sony execs gather in Scotland. // Billboard;4/23/94, Vol. 106 Issue 17, p44
Presents photographs taken from the first meeting of the Sony Music International (SMI) at the Gleneagles Hotel in Scotland on March 7-11, 1994. Appointments of Mel Ilberman as SMI chairman and Robert Bowlin as president; Perfomers at the ceremony.
- Sony/Nashville finally shakes up staff. Morris, Edward // Billboard;11/6/93, Vol. 105 Issue 45, p16
Reports on a management shakeup at Sony Music/Nashville. Assumption of duties by the team of producer Paul Worley and attorney Scott Siman; Other management moves; Speculation regarding the label's fate; Achievements under former president Roy Wunsch's leadership.
- Sony to eliminate at least 50 jobs; new hires expected. Flick, Larry; Newman, Melinda // Billboard;8/5/95, Vol. 107 Issue 31, p6
Reports on Sony Music Entertainment Inc.'s restructuring plans for its operations. Plans to eliminate 50 jobs; Need to accommodate the company's growth; Effect of the changes on the Columbia and Epic labels; Decline of Sony Music Distribution's share of the American market.
- Zomba's size belies musical swath. Lichtman, Irv // Billboard;1/6/96, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p34
Looks at comments made by David Renzer about Zomba Music Publishing.
- Wild launch party. // Billboard;07/12/97, Vol. 109 Issue 28, p91
Presents a photograph from the celebration of executives from Zomba Music Group after the formation of Provident Music Group.
- Untitled. Horowitz, Is // Billboard;10/23/93, Vol. 105 Issue 43, p49
Reports on the marketing strategies employed by BMG Classics. Television promotion of its RCA Victor Basic 100 series; Flutist James Galway as the campaign's corporate spokesman; Challenge posed to branch managers.