1-of-3 Americans say they'd buy irradiated food for safety purposes today. How do you manage and promote food safety at your unit?
- HACCP STEP-BY-STEP. Norton, Char // Restaurant Hospitality;Mar2002, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p64
Part III. Discusses the importance of correct food handling practices among restaurants. Examples of incorrect food handling practices; Points to emphasize when conducting food-handling trainings; Necessity of maintaining balance between food safety and food quality.
- Avoid shark infested waters: Learn to practice and shout food safety first. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;07/06/98, Vol. 32 Issue 27, p23
Editorial. Focuses on the efforts of the federal government to improve all aspects of food production and handling in the United States. Food and Drug Administration's effort to release a final draft of its guide on good farming and good manufacturing practices for fruits and vegetables;...
- NEHA Training Creates Exciting New Opportunities in Food Safety. // Journal of Environmental Health;Oct2003, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p49
An exciting new opportunity from NEHA Training allows qualified applicants to become registered food safety trainers for free through December 31, 2003. NEHA Training, a subsidiary of NEHA, was created to register qualified food safety trainers and provide them with low-cost, high-quality...
- Northwest tribes highlight safety at Tribal Fishers Expo. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Aug2011, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p34
Information on the second annual Columbia River Indian Fishers Expo held at the Portland, Oregon on July 22, 2011 that was hosted by the Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission (CRITFC) that on the quality and safety handling of foods is presented.
- Florida expo focuses on food safety, irradiation. Hayes // Nation's Restaurant News;09/27/99, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p4
Reports on the issues discussed at the Florida Restaurant Association's 1999 Food Safety Summit. Key issues affecting alcoholic beverage sales in restaurants; Food safety; Irradiation.
- Two Sides of the Same Coin. Weber, Guenther; Scriven, Scott // National Provisioner;Jul2007 Supplement, Vol. 221, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one about the issues regarding food safety and food quality and another about the introduction of new technologies to improve food quality.
- A sporting chance. // Choice;Aug2006, p9
The article highlights the findings of the research conducted by "Choice," which tested the quality and choice of food available at six major sporting venues in Australia. The researchers took 84 samples to an accredited laboratory to test for bacteria that commonly cause problems. The study...
- SLICE IT RIGHT! Mangini, Cara // Vegetarian Times;May2016, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p66
A recipe for Mashed Fava Beans and Mint Crostini and Nettle Pesto is presented.
- Quality characteristics and microbiological safety evaluation of oils extracted from gamma irradiated almond (Prunus dulcis Mill.) seeds. Bhatti, I. A.; Iqbal, M.; Anwar, F.; Shahid, S. A.; Shahid, M. // Grasas y Aceites;ene-mar2013, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p68
The physicochemical attributes and microbial decontamination of oils extracted from gamma-irradiated almond (Mission and Price varieties) seeds, to the absorbed doses of 2-10 kGy, have been evaluated. Gamma irradiation exerted no considerable effect on the proximate seed composition. The...