Wood reviews growth options
- Shipman sails The Wood Co. into uncharted waters. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;06/07/99, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p18
Focuses on food management company The Wood Co.'s expansion of its business operations as of June 7, 1999. Company chief executive officer Mark Shipman as a driving force in the company's expansion moves; Food management contracts won by the company.
- Shipman to steer The Wood Co. into the future. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;08/03/98, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p16
Reports on the recruitment of executive Mark Shipman as president and chief executive at The Wood Co. Comments of Wood Co. chairman Bob Wood in selection of Shipman; Goal of Wood to make a name for itself nationally; Challenge for Shipman when he takes over Wood on August 17, 1998.
- Wood names new pres./ceo. // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p2
Announces the appointment of Mark L. Shipman as president and chief executive office of Wood Co. Previous employment; Contributions to the restaurant industry.
- Wood names new president/CEO. // Food Management;Aug98, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p18
Reports on the appointment of Mark L. Shipman as president and chief executive officer of The Wood Co. in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania. Career background of Shipman; Other information on Wood Co.
- Wood pilots grill concept. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p28
Reports on Wood Co.'s test marketing of its grill concept in several of its accounts in the East Coast. Features of the modular program according to Robert Maluso, division executive chef.
- The focus is food. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p80
Focuses on contractors in the food service industry in the United States highlighting Wood Company based in Allentown, Pennsylvania ranked as the fourth largest contractor in the country. Finance information on the company; Comments from Bob Wood, chief executive officer at Wood; What areas in...
- Wood tests Florida. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p30
Reports on the plan of food service operator The Wood Co. to expand in Florida. Names of clients in Florida; Description of the firm's The Panther Cafe concept.
- Wood testing home-meal plan. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the introduction of a home-meal replacement program called Good To Go the Wood Company. Location testing of the program was conducted; Comments from Joe Mercuri, vice president of business dining services; Food items offered on the program; Where Mercuri may look to place additional...
- Wood hosts Food Share IV. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p32
States that the Culinary Salon of Food Share IV, a community against hunger is being hosted by The Wood Company at the Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Features of plate painting event executed by Wegman and Wood Co. chefs; Comments from Bob Wood, chairman of the company.