Industry hails House Speaker
- Hastert Proposes Deal On Tax Items. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/4/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 36, p1
Focuses on the minimum wage bill package proposed by United States House Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) which includes some high-priority industry tax items. Information on the three tax items that are related to the insurance industry; Inclusion of long-term care in Hastert's proposal;...
- Speaker Hastert's Moveable Feast. Stone, Peter H. // National Journal;2/13/99, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p419
Reports on the dinner hosted by lobbyists in the United States (US) Congres to raise funds for US House Speaker Dennis Hastert. Companies which the lobbyists represent; Amount of the funds raised by the lobbyists.
- Dealing with Denny. Moore, W. John // National Journal;3/27/99, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p842
Describes the leadership of United States House Speaker Dennis Hastert in contrast with his predecessor, former Speaker Newt Gingrich. Accomplishments of Hastert; Lobbyists view of Hastert's leadership; Changes in the system of congressional lobbying under Hastert.
- In the Eye of the House Hurricane. Cohen, Richard E.; Serafini, Marilyn Werber // National Journal;1/02/99-1/09/99, Vol. 31 Issue 1/2, p48
Focuses on the efforts being done by United States House Speaker Dennis Hastert in order to portray his speakership. Comments from colleagues; Comparison from House Minority Leader Richard A. Gephardt; Bills advocated by Hastert.
- Hastert Brings Education Experience to Role as Speaker. McQueen, Anjetta // Education Week;01/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p26
Focuses on United States House of Representative Speaker-elect J. Dennis Hastert. Career in teaching; Character traits; Views of Representative Bill Goodling on Hastert; How the Christian Coalition rated Hastert.
- Hastert Reelected Speaker, House Passes New Rules. // Human Events;01/19/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p23
Reports on the reelection of J. Dennis Hastert as speaker of the United States House of Representatives on January 3, 2001. Establishment of House rules for the next two years; Changes made in the rules.
- Hastert unveiled. Ferral, Katelyn // Hill;7/28/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 90, p41
The article features Judge Dennis Hastert, former Speaker of the House in the U.S.
- ABOUT THE PORTRAIT. // Hill;7/28/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 90, p41
The article offers information about the portrait of former U.S. House Speaker Judge Dennis Hastert.
- New house speaker hailed. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;01/04/99, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the appointment of Representative Dennis Hastert of Illinois as speaker of the House of Representatives in the United States. Comments of insurance industry representatives on the appointment of Hastert; Provisions of the Patient Protection Act; Career background; Reputation.