Crackdown on grease thieves
- CHAMPS rule in Connecticut. // Overdrive;Jun96, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p97
Reports on the Connecticut Highway Assistance Motorist Patrol's (CHAMPS) servicing of stalled vehicles in highways.
- The power of the press. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/08/97, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p22
Commends the police department in Salt Lake City, Utah for announcing that they would start ticketing and fining pedestrians and motorists who break traffic laws in Salt Lake City, Utah starting October 1997.
- Highway officials making way for widest object ever transported in Utah. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;03/30/98, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p5
Reports on Salt Lake City, Utah highway officials' preparations for the transport of the Venture Star X-33 space plane, the widest object ever transported in Utah. Moving of utility poles and traffic signs; Transport process; Highway clearance needed by the aircraft; Design of the XC-33 space...
- 32 new Highway Patrol Troopers to hit Texas roadways. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);7/14/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p6
The article focuses on the 32 new Highway Patrol Troopers in Texas who are expected to serve Texas with integrity, courage and professionalism in keeping the tradition of the Texas Highway Patrol.
- Thai traffic jams find their dream team. // Christian Science Monitor;12/29/95, Vol. 88 Issue 24, p14
Reports on the traffic policemen in Bangkok called `Dream Team' who control traffic with improvised signals that blend disco and other Western-style dancing with graceful waving motions of classical Thai dance.
- Vietnam set to ban short fat traffic cops in Hanoi. // South Asian Post;3/14/2013, p21
The article informs that short, fat policemen will be banned from traffic duty in Hanoi, Vietnam and given office jobs in a bid to improve the public image of the police force.
- Jammin' to the beat. // American City & County;Mar1996, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p70
Reports that traffic cops in Bangkok, Thailand have been instructed to smile and dance while directing traffic in order to help motorists cope with the city's traffic problems. Result of the initiative.
- TURNING FLORESVILLE BLACK AND GOLD. // Wilson County News;8/19/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 33, p8A
A photograph of members of the Floresville Police Department direct traffic at the intersection of Business Loop 181 and S.H. 97 in Floresville, Texas is presented.
- Fax network protects scrap. Leonard, John // Waste News;06/16/97, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p11
Comments on the impact of reinstated city ordinances on the reduction of theft of construction materials from businesses and homes in Baltimore, Maryland. Praise given to the local scrap industry's efforts at self-policing.