Fed puts pork on the menu
- Recent trends in domestic food programs. Matsumoto, Masao // National Food Review;Apr-Jun90, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p31
Discusses the cost of domestic food programs in the United States. Statistical information on food costs; Types of food programs; Period where increase in food costs was found; Detailed information on the issue.
- Food assistance. Levedahl, J. William; Matsumoto, Massao // National Food Review;Jul-Sep90, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p26
Presents information on food assistance programs in the United States. Number of Americans who received food assistance in 1989; Detailed information on food assistance programs; Types of food assistance given; When the federal food assistance began; Information on food assistance organizations...
- U.S. Federal Food Assistance Programs, 1989-98. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p138
No abstract available.
- Food help and community service go hand in hand. Widner, Joanne // Food & Nutrition (00464384);Sept91, Vol. 21 Issue 1/2, p25
Presents the successful food assistance operations of Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) in Des Moines, Iowa and Denver, Colorado. Reasons why the program uses supermarkets as venues of the operation; Services offered by the program to the people; Information about the `Food for...
- City Harvest seeks out Turkey Drive donations. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/13/95, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p78
Reports that the charitable organization City Harvest needs 3,000 turkeys to distribute to the hungry for its Holiday Turkey Drive. Greater need for holiday meals in 1995 season because of cutbacks in federal funding; Details on the turkey donation network; Childhood Hunger Day.
- Strike `cans' much of City Harvest's food donation program. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/22/96, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p15
Reports on the effect of a building services workers' union strike in New York City to City Harvest, a nonprofit group which gathers canned and prepared foods and distributes it to a variety of agencies. Losses in food supply; Lack of donating corporate cafeterias; Donations received by the...
- Study corner. // Dairy Field;May98, Vol. 181 Issue 5, p12
Presents the results of a study entitled `Hunger 1997: The Faces and Facts' indicating that more than 21 million Americans rely upon emergency food assistance program despite a prosperous economy.
- U.S Federal Food Assistance Programs, 1990-99 (1). // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2001, p155
Provides information pertaining to costs associated with United States Federal Food Assistance Programs from 1990 through 1999. Food stamps; Puerto Rico nutrition assistance; National school lunch; Women, Infants, Children (WIC); Summer food service; Child/adult care; Special milk; Nutrition...
- U.S Federal Food Assistance Programs, 1990-2000ï¿½. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2002, p132
Provides information pertaining to costs associated with United States Federal Food Assistance Programs from 1990 through 2000. Food stamps; Puerto Rico nutrition assistance; National school lunch; Women, Infants, Children (WIC); Summer food service; Child/adult care; Special milk; Nutrition...