Pres. Clinton singles out f/s for job creation gains
- Side Dishes. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;02/07/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p28
Presents news items related to the restaurant industry for the week of February 7, 2000. Lesson for the manager of Searson's Pub in Dublin, Ireland who failed to inspect the bathroom before closing; Consumption of cholesterol-laden breakfast by United States President Bill Clinton after a...
- Remarks Announcing the Global Food for Education Initiative. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;1/1/2001, Vol. 36 Issue 52, p3201
Presents the text of a speech delivered by United States President Bill Clinton on December 28, 2000 about the Global Food for Education Initiative.
- Clinton admin. steps-up food-recovery at Fed units. // FoodService Director;11/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p28
Reports that foodservice facilities at a number of Federal government agencies will be in the forefront of the Clinton Administration's effort to reduce hunger through stepped-up food gleaning and recovery programs. Cafeterias government donating excess food to the hungry; Plans to accelarate...
- Clinton serves McD's a PR feast. Hume, Scott // Advertising Age;12/14/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 51, p6
The article comments on the free publicity being given by U.S. President Bill Clinton to fast food chain McDonald's Corp. in 1992. Clinton has exhibited loyalty to the brand through visible patronage. Clinton's preference for the food chain is well documented by the media. Industry observers...
- ASFSA STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE: Advocates square off for USDA funding. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p50
Reports that the American School Food Service Association has joined other industry groups in restoring full funding of Section 32 for both mandatory and bonus fruit and vegetable commodity buys for child nutrition and other food assistance programs in the U.S. Budget plans of the U.S....
- MARCIA SMITH OF FLORIDA: ASFSA prez touts outreach. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the plan of Marcia Smith, president of the American School Food Service Association, to conduct local outreach programs to fight hunger in the United States. Goals of the initiative; Plan to develop a public policy strategy; Her aim for the school food service.
- FOOD STAMP PLAN COULD HURT F/S. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p16
Presents the results of a study on the possible impact of the plan to cash out the food stamp program in the U.S. Provisions of the plan; Concerns over the effect of the plan on the food service industry and the economy.
- Clinton: Hike minimum wage, increase leave. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;02/09/98, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on initiatives affecting the food-service industry which were announced by United States President Bill Clinton in his State of the Union address. Objection to Clinton's call for an increase in minimum wage from some members of the foodservice industry; Concerns regarding Clinton's...
- Side Dishes. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/4/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 14, p12
This article focuses on developments in foodservice industry. First article focuses on former U.S. President, Bill Clinton's menu for dinner while he was in hospital. Clinton, who was hospitalized last month for a surgical procedure to remove scar tissue following quadruple bypass surgery last...