FDA report focuses on new salad bar problems
- Chains, suppliers react to sprout health advisories. Liddle, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;09/21/98, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p8
Focuses on the risk for food-borne illness from eating uncooked alfalfa sprouts in the United States. Warnings for restaurants; Development of a technology to kill the deadly pathogens in the sprouts.
- Say yes? Say no? // Consumer Reports on Health;Oct2008, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p3
The article provides information regarding common health questions and concerns. According to the article, using a microwave oven to cook meat could result in uneven cooking, increasing the chance of foodborne diseases being transmitted. New toothbrushes should be used every three months due...
- How Safe is Our Food? – Lessons from an Outbreak of Salmonellosis. Blaser, Martin J. // New England Journal of Medicine;5/16/96, Vol. 334 Issue 20, p1324
The author discusses the article in this issue, "A national outbreak of Salmonella enteritidis infections from ice cream," by T. W. Hennessy and colleagues. He mentions the increasingly industrialized production and distribution of food in developed countries and suggests that careful medical...
- Antimicrobial susceptibility in thermophilic Campylobacter species isolated from pigs and chickens in South Africa. Jonker, A.; Picard, J. A. // Journal of the South African Veterinary Association;Dec2010, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p228
Campylobacter jejuni is one of the leading causes of sporadic food-borne bacterial disease in humans. In intensive poultry and pig rearing systems the use of oral antibiotics is essential to maintain health. Consequently, there is a high risk for the thermophilic Cam pylobacter jejuni and C....
- Assessment of raw milk quality and stakeholders' awareness on milk-borne health risks in Arusha City and Meru District, Tanzania. Ngasala, J uma; Nonga, Hezron; Mtambo, Mkumbukwa // Tropical Animal Health & Production;Jun2015, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p927
A cross-sectional study was conducted to assess the quality of raw milk and stakeholders' awareness on milk-borne health risks and factors for poor milk hygiene in Arusha City and Meru District, Tanzania between October and December 2012. A total of 105 smallholder dairy farmers, milk vendors...
- Keep a wary eye open and your mouth shut. // Public Health Reports;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p91
Focuses on the emerging foodborne diseases. Overview of some foodborne diseases cases in United States; Reason why foodborne pathogens diseases described as emerging; How the pathogens react to the human body.
- Of sprouting concern. // Better Homes & Gardens;Jun99, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p130
Focuses on alfalfa sprouts, which are being associated with foodborne illnesses. Linking of alfalfa sprouts to ten foodborne diseases in the United States; Seeds from which sprouts grow as most often the source of contamination; Precautions before buying or eating varieties of sprouts.
- PCR based Detection of Food Borne Pathogens. Iyer, Archana Panchapakesan; Kumosani, Taha Abdullah // World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology;Aug2010, Issue 44, p689
No abstract available.
- AvaliaÃ§Ã£o epidemiolÃ³gica de surtos de salmonelose ocorridos no perÃodo de 1999 a 2008 no Estado do ParanÃ¡, Brasil. Kottwitz, Luciana Bill Mikito; de Oliveira, Tereza Cristina Rocha Moreira; Alcocer, Iliana; Farah, Sonia Maria de Souza Santos; Abrahão, Wanda Sikorski Moscalewski; Rodrigues, Dalia dos Prazeres // Acta Scientiarum: Health Sciences;Jan-Jun2010, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p9
Epidemiological data of foodborne diseases in Brazil are scarce. In ParanÃ¡ State, there is little information on the prevalence of Salmonella serovars and fagotypes involved in outbreaks. The aim of this study was to evaluate epidemiological data of salmonellosis outbreaks notified in...