Children's hospital shifts to breakfast cart program
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- More made-to-order. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p57
Provides information on the breakfast service being offered at health care institutions in the U.S. Popularity of made-to-order items in most of the hospitals; Foods usually offered during breakfast; Array of hot comfort foods for breakfast.
- Not Just for Kids. // Food Management;Nov2002, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p62
Orbits Diner Children's Mercy Hospital Kansas City, Kansas is the primary acute-care pediatric hospital between Denver and St. Louis, treating more than 200,000 out-patients and more than 10,000 in-patients annually. Orbit is located on the ground floor of the hospital's South Tower, providing a...
- NEW KITCHEN, KIDS' MENU: Children's facility brings changes to N.J. hosp. f/s. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p32
Reports on the changes made in the foodservice program of the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey after the opening of the Bristol-Myers Squibb Children's Hospital. Design of the children's hospital; Food items that were added to the menu; Prices of food trays.
- Boston Children's Hospital Makes Mealtime Fun. // Systems Contractor News;Jan2016, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the installation of the video production system at Boston Children's Hospital located in Boston, Massachusetts, which aim to promote healthy eating among patients and their families through the cooking demonstration shows.
- SERVED BY EXEC. CHEF: Foodservice team helps hosp. lift kids' spirits with meals. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p30
Reports on the efforts of the hospital and food service staff of Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania to work together to improve consumption among children who are not eating. Background on the Children's Hospital; Goals of the Dining with the Chef program of the hospital; Food...
- Atlanta Hospital Introduces Healthy Dining Programs. // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p8
The article announces that the 500-bed Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia has introduced new retail programs that will help customers make healthy dining choices. A program called Lean Works includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack menu which ensures caloric intake of not more than 2,000...
- Solid daily attraction. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p43
Focuses on several popular breakfast items at healthcare and hospital food service segments in the U.S. Burrito at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center; Frittata at New York Community Hospital; Oatmeal at The Palace at Kendall.
- Breakfast in Bed(rest). // Food Management;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the food service pilot program at Saint Vincent's Infirmary in Little Rock, Arkansas. Patients on the orthopedic floor are greeted each morning with omelets and other breakfast entries made to order by a chef. A three-person team provides the service. Two catering...