Chilean soft fruit exports to jump 4%
- Growers halt exports to EU over black spot. // Grocer;9/13/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8172, p48
The article reports on the suspension by South African growers of some exports of citrus fruits to the European Union in 2014.
- Brazil Ready to Push Its Fruit on US, China and the Arab World. Santos, Aurea // Brazzil Mag;4/1/2010, p1
The article offers information on a survey that identified United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Saudi Arabia as target markets for exporting Brazilian fruit and their derivatives. The survey, conducted by the Brazilian Export and Investment Promotion Agency (Apex) and the Brazilian Fruit Institute,...
- La. seeks slice of growing fresh fruit import biz. Bonura, Chris // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);01/18/99, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p4
Discusses the plans of the fresh produce sector in New Orleans, Louisiana to improve the city's produce import business. Increase in demand for fresh fruits; Increase in competition among airports and maritime ports for perishables market; Economic impact of a renewed produce trade on New Orleans.
- Possibilities and Directions for the Export of Fruit from the Republic of Serbia. Vlahović, Branislav; Maksimović, Branka; Tomašević, Dejan // Economic Insights - Trends & Challenges;2012, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p10
The export of fruit is a significant foundation for the increase the total domestic production and the intensification of this branch of agriculture. Entering the international market and marketing of fruit produced in the Republic of Serbia is conditioned by multiple factors, such as a quality,...
- Fruit exporters concerned about increase of freight rates as of 1st January 2013. // African Business News;3/ 6/2013, p7
The article reports on the concerns of the Southern Hemisphere Association of Fresh Fruit Exporters (SHAFFE) about the increase of freight rates as of January 1, 2013. It is inferred that the freight rate increase would increase the cost of SHAFFE by $650 million. A brief overview of SHAFFE is...
- Fresh-faced 'misses' aim to build NW fruit brands in Asia. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jul2000, Vol. 14 Issue 7, pC20
Focuses on the visit of beauty queens from Taiwan in fruit farms in Washington state to open export opportunities for area fruit growers in Asia. Activities organized for the Taiwanese representatives; Shooting of promotional materials for the industry featuring the beauty queens.
- RAIN FOREST RARITIES. Karp, David // Gourmet;Jul2002, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on Sambazon, a California-based company that imports fruits from the Amazon rain forest in South America. Details of several products imported by Sambazon; Business operations of the company.
- Governing the Global Value Chain: GLOBALGAP and the Chilean Fresh Fruit Industry. Bain, Carmen // International Journal of Sociology of Agriculture & Food;2010, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
An important argument within the agri-food literature is that power within the value chain has shifted from producers to global supermarkets chains. An example of this is GLOBALGAP, a standards and certification scheme launched by a handful of UK and European supermarkets, which allows them to...
- USDA approval of N.C. cold storage facility could break Philadelphia lock on fruit imports. Brennan, Terry // Traffic World;8/8/94, Vol. 239 Issue 6, p27
Reports on the expectation of Wilmington, North Carolina for the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to approve the first cold-treatment storage facility in the Southeast. Attraction for off-season fruit imports; Development of a faster entry into the consumer market between North...