Breakfast counts rise, but hunger is mounting
- Tatum ISD Announced Free and Reduced-price Meals Policy. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);8/14/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p1
The article reports on Tatum Independent School District policy regarding the provision of free and reduced-price meals for children under the National School Lunch Program and Breakfast Program for school year 2008-2009, which begins on August 25, 2008.
- Seamless Summer Feeding Program. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);5/29/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p3
The article offers information on the summer feeding program by the Blum Independent School District (ISD) for children 18 years old and below from June 10 to July 5, 2013.
- '97 participation rates up. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p24
Reports that despite a strong economy, participation in federal school nutrition programs in the United States increased measurably during the 1997 fiscal year, according to figures from the US Department of Agriculture. Number of children participating in the National School Breakfast and...
- Revamping School Meal Programs. Hunter, Beatrice Trum // Consumers' Research Magazine;Nov98, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p24
Provides information on school meal programs in the United States. Reason for launching the programs; Perception on the school breakfast program; Changes on the school lunch program in the 1990s; Overall view on the programs.
- New law reauthorizes NSLP, SBP, funds snack program. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/16/98, Vol. 32 Issue 46, p16
Features the federal reauthorization of the National School Lunch Program and the School Breakfast Program signed into law by President Bill Clinton. Authority of the US Department of Agriculture to set up a school breakfast research project; Failure of the bill to guarantee funding for the...
- GISD to provide free, reduced lunches to qualifying students. // Graham Leader;8/7/2013, Vol. 137 Issue 102, p6A
The article reports on a policy for Graham Independent School District (GISD) for providing free and reduced-price meals for qualified students who served under the National School Lunch and Breakfast Program in Texas.
- USDA's new lunch rules aim to ensure healthy meals. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;05/18/98, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p24
Reports that the US Agriculture Department has issued new regulations to ensure healthy school breakfast and lunch meals. Use of `reasonable approach' in developing menus; Failure of compliance with the School Meals Initiative for Healthy Children program; Assessment of food service operators.
- Free, reduced-price lunches provided. // East Bernard Express (TX);8/17/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 34, p7
The article announces the policy of East Bernard ISD for providing free and reduced-price meals for children served under the National School Lunch/Breakfast Program. The household size and income criteria in the 2006-2007 Income Eligibility Guideline will be utilized to determine eligibility...
- Aquilla Independent School District. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/21/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p6
The article presents a letter to household for from Aquilla Independent School District concerning the National School Lunch and Breakfast Program 2011-2012.