Residents test favorite foods
- How to enhance flavors. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p130
Focuses on flavor enhancement in the preparation of food. How flavor is defined by food technologists; What flavor enhancement does; Nature of different flavors; Challenge faced by food service operators when persons are on a diet which does not allow sodium; Common ingredients which can be...
- Industry News. // Food Management;Dec2011, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p42
This section offers news briefs about the foodservice industry, including Kettle Cuisine and University of Connecticut's Department of Dining Services' complimentary soup tasting event, Indian Harvest Specialtifoods' acquisition of all the assets of Wild Rice Exchange and Sara Lee Corp.'s sale...
- Employee Tasting. // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the tasting fair hosted by the Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center's food and nutrition department in Illinois. Director Cathy Babbs says the event aims to add new food options to the Basement Bistro, the hospital's cafï¿½, and to raise money for the American Heart...
- FCSI meeting melds learning, fun, fanfare and fundraising. Cobb, Catherine R. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/5/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 44, p66
The article highlights the Food Service Consultants Society International's North American Conference held in Atlanta, Georgia in October 2007. The conference's theme was "Connecting the Piecesï¿½Solving the Pieces." The conference opened with a "Georgia on My Mind" Party. A "Taste of...
- Spike TV's "FRANKENFOOD" Truck New York. // SoHo Journal: The Magazine of Arts & Politics;Jun2014, p1
The article reports the food truck tasting activity hosted by Spike Television (TV) show, "Frankenfood," in various locations in New York.
- Taste of Auckland festival hits town. // Hospitality (11724285);Jan2009, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p6
The article offers information about the four-day Taste of Auckland celebration of best food and drink festival to be held in New Zealand in March, 2009. The festival will offer tasting menus from some of the city's notable restaurants. One of the experts to share their knowledge on food and...
- Why Residents Now Love Dining at Laurel Lake. // Food Management;Dec2001, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p30
Focuses on in-house foodservice operation at the Laurel Lake Retirement Community in Hudson, Ohio. Services to residents in terms of food quality and personal interaction; Enumeration of amenities included; Range of fees for residents per month. INSETS: Fastfacts;Bridging the generation gap.
- Combines fine dining, special diets: Waterman Village raises resident satisfaction scores. // FoodService Director;1/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the food service at Waterman Village, a retirement complex in Mount Dora, Florida. Development of a diabetic/heart-healthy menu; Direct correlation between the level of satisfaction with food and the whole complex; Diabetic considerations.
- SLATED FOR FALL 2003 OPENING: LIFE CARE CTR. TO VARY F/S OPTIONS. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p14
Presents information on the foodservice options of Inverness Village, a life care retirement center in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Dining venues; Other services for the residents.