Meal plan, foodcourt combo at Wash. college
- AT U. OF PUGET SOUND: The vegetarian blueprint for improved profitability. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p120
Features the vegetarian menu program at the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington. Explanations from Steven Davis, interim director for the university; Selection of specialties served by the university; Venues that comprise The Diner system.
- Puget Sound Reworks Cuisines. // FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p8
The article reports that the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington has revamped its two food stations to add more ethnic foods. Casa Ortega that formerly served standard Mexican fare, now offers a variety of Hispanic foods. The university has also overhauled its Italian station...
- University of Puget Sound. Manson, Neil // Liberal Education;May/Jun90, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p38
Reports on Tacoma, Washington-based University of Puget Sound's Prelude and Passages program that aims to help students adjust to college life. Program's features; Parts of the program; Topics discussed; Impact on faculty members; Contact information.
- Washington. // Language Magazine;Mar2011, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p43
The article announces that the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington is looking for a Spanish instructor, in which the successful applicant is going to teach elementary and/or intermediate Spanish courses.
- Realizing Institutional Mission Puget Sound's Transformation. Pierce, Susan Resneck // Peer Review;Winter2004, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the transformation of the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington. Development of a satellite campuses on regional military bases; Means of preparing students for lifelong learning; Enhancement of school campus life of students.
- College foodservice meets challenges with innovations. Pierce, C. Dennis // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, JumpStart p3
Editorial. Discusses some of the innovations which are being made in colleges in the United States, to improve the food service operations. Details on some of the changes made to cafeterias in colleges; Problems which are being encountered by food service directors; Reference to some of the...
- Comparing in-house vs. national brands. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p174
Compares the quality of the food service offered by the auxiliary service sector and the campus facilities, highlighting a case study conducted at the Michigan State University. Details on some of the methods used to enhance quality of foods at the facilities; Revenues generated by colleges...
- Campus feeders deploy more brands in bids to revive student-center dining. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p41
Focuses on the efforts of food service industry to revive student-center dining in college campuses in the United States. Effects of growing percentage of older enrollees; Campus expansion; Scholars' embracing of computer technology.
- Institutions go to `market' with new service concept. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;11/11/96, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on the debate over the marketplace concept of noncommercial food service in universities in the United States. Key features of the food service concept; Challenges in operating; Questions regarding the marketplace concept.