CalPoly to launch 5-concept foodcourt
- Carl's Jr.-Green Burrito combo at Cal Poly Pomona. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p22
Reports that the Carl's Jr.-Green Burrito Restaurants dual concept restaurant is anchoring California Polytechnic State University's Campus Center Marketplace in Pomona, California. Adding Green Burrito breakfast items to build new sales; Other Marketplace options; Customers drawn by the...
- Magic marker. Betsky, Aaron // Architectural Record;Feb1993, Vol. 181 Issue 2, p62
Explains the concept behind the winning architectural design of the Classroom/Laboratory/Administration (CLA) building of the California Polytechnic University at Pomona by architect Antoine Predock. Compatibility with natural components; Concern for the landscape.
- Site subs as classroom. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;11/25/96, Vol. 2 Issue 28, p19
Focuses on the California State Polytechnical University, which has a program called Land Lab, which studies the Spadra Landfill for ways to reclaim the land. Details on the study; Comments from Professor Ed Barnes on the landfill study; Location of the Spadra Landfill.
- Cal Poly students learn to survive on a 'meal plan' of 'delicacies.' // Nation's Restaurant News;01/01/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p33
Presents highlights of the California State Polytechnic University Pomona Foundation's version of the television show 'Survivor.' Search for treasure chests; Totem decorating; Inclusion of exotic items in the special dinner segment of the contest.
- Sustainable living at Cal Poly-Pomona. // In Business;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on the Center for Regenerative Studies (CRS) at California State Polytechnic University-Pomona, an educational program aimed at making participants aware of their impact on the environment. Goals of the program; Activities for the participants of the program; Requirements for students...
- College lab benefits from landfill. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;12/07/98, Vol. 4 Issue 30, p15
Reports on the benefits gained by the California State Polytechnic University from the operations of Spadra landfill in Pomona. Fundings for campus programs; Amount given by the sanitation district to school as part of its closure.
- WITH EXOTIC MENU: Cal Poly survives Halloween. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p2
Focuses on the Halloween menu served at the California State Polytechnic University in Pomona, California, which spoofed the television show `Survivor.' Foods included in the menu; Information on the contest held during the Halloween celebration.
- Best New Facility: Innovation Brew Works. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;8/25/2015, p1
A review is offered for Innovation Brew Works, a beer brewery cafe located at the Center for Training, Technology and Innovation at California State Polytechnic University in Pomona, California, which has received the Best New Facility award at this magazine's 2015 Best Concept Awards.
- 10 lessons learned from the 2015 Best Concept winners. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management Exclusive Insight;9/24/2015, p10
The article features the winners of the 2015 Best Concept Awards which include the Best New Facility award to Innovation Brew Works at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, the Best Special Event award to Winner Winner Chicken Dinner, and the Best Renovation award to the Blue Wall.