- FIRST OF 5-PHASE EXPANSION: Middlebury Coll. creates stir. // FoodService Director;3/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the success of the dining hall created at Middlebury College's Ross Commons. Seat capacity of the dining hall; Range of food stations at the dining hall; Comments from Peter J. Napolitano, dining services director.
- Middlebury College offers an exotic solution to salad. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;03/01/99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p18
Focuses on Dining Services' organic-salad station at Middlebury College in the Green Mountains of Vermont. Explanations from Matthew Biette, associate foodservice director at Middlebury; Information on the organic project.
- Middlebury foodcourt sets sights on $1.5 million sales. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p20
Takes a look at the foodcourt which opened in Vermont's Middlebury College's McCullough Hall in June 1998. Expected sales generation of the foodcourt; Description of the multi-theme foodcourt; Menu features; Beverage offerings; Location and business hours.
- Training Without Trays. // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p20
The article presents information on the advantages of the decision of the dining services department at Middlebury College in Middlebury, Vermont to suddenly switch to trayless dining. According to school's dining services director Matthew Biette, when the college made a commitment to be carbon...
- Middlebury makes it work. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;8/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p14
Features the Atwater Dining Hall at Middlebury College, in Middlebury, Vermont, which opened in Spring 2005. Experiences of the foodservice team during the facility's first few weeks of opening; Description of the dining facility; Remarks from foodservice director Matthew Biette.
- Fighting The Dish. McGinn, Daniel // Newsweek;8/15/2005, Vol. 146 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the work of Boston College dining-services director Helen Wechsler, who designed myth-busting cards for freshman dispelling rumors regarding college food. Review of how the cards will be placed at dining tables; Comments on the various rumors that circulate regarding college food from...
- RECYCLEMANIA COMPETITION PUTS MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE AS TOP ORGANICS "DIVERTER" IN 2006. // In Business;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p5
The article presents information on RecycleMania competition in which different universities in the U.S. compete among themselves in various categories, especially waste reduction category. The competition requires universities to keep a record of the amount of recyclables and waste collected...
- IN COLLEGES: Grab-and-go accommodates busy students. // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p60
Offers a look at the grab-and-go food service operation at four United States colleges and universities geared for busy students. Rhode Island School of Design in Providence; Alfred State College in New York; Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee; Middlebury College in Vermont.
- Vermont's ski U. Oliver, P. // Skiing;Dec88, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p8E
Discusses the Middlebury College Snow Bowl in Vermont. The Snow Bowl is a college ski area owned and operated by Middlebury College. Comments by Snow Bowl manager Howard Kelton; Trails; Snow conditions; Activities. INSET: Travel information..