Monthly tastings focus menus
- U. of Richmond to Roll Out Cell Phone Feedback Service. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;1/23/2012, p2
The article reports on the launch of a Text-n-Tell program to the Heilman Dining Center of Richmond University Dining Services in Virginia in 2012.
- Silver Standard. King, Paul // FoodService Director;3/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p14
The author believes that there are corporations and institutions that place a much more higher regard and higher standard for food service than other organizations. An example of such institution is the University of Richmond which twice won the Silver Plate Awards, one in 1990 and another in...
- Grab & Go(ing Further). Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p26
The article discusses strategies, items, and ideas for grab-and-go food program. Topics include the grab-and-go program at the University of Richmond's Passport CafÃ©, snack selection at chef-centric contract foodservice firm Sterling Spoon Culinary, and the grab-and-go brand Uncle Phil's...
- Univ. of Richmond cuts back-of-house. // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the renovation of the Heilman Dining Center of the University of Richmond in Virginia. The renovation reduced back-of-house space by 50% with a host of new serving stations and an emphasis on cooking to order. The expansion of the size of the scatter-system servery and the...
- College foodservice meets challenges with innovations. Pierce, C. Dennis // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, JumpStart p3
Editorial. Discusses some of the innovations which are being made in colleges in the United States, to improve the food service operations. Details on some of the changes made to cafeterias in colleges; Problems which are being encountered by food service directors; Reference to some of the...
- Comparing in-house vs. national brands. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p174
Compares the quality of the food service offered by the auxiliary service sector and the campus facilities, highlighting a case study conducted at the Michigan State University. Details on some of the methods used to enhance quality of foods at the facilities; Revenues generated by colleges...
- Campus feeders deploy more brands in bids to revive student-center dining. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p41
Focuses on the efforts of food service industry to revive student-center dining in college campuses in the United States. Effects of growing percentage of older enrollees; Campus expansion; Scholars' embracing of computer technology.
- Institutions go to `market' with new service concept. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;11/11/96, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on the debate over the marketplace concept of noncommercial food service in universities in the United States. Key features of the food service concept; Challenges in operating; Questions regarding the marketplace concept.
- College meal cards good at seven merchants. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p20
Reports that the students of Iona College in New Rochelle, New York will be able to use their meal cards off campus at seven participating merchants on North Avenue. Names of merchants; Courses offered by Iona.