THE TWELVE YEAR RAIN DELAY: WHY A CHANGE IN LEADERSHIP WILL BENEFIT THE GAME OF BASEBALL
- Stone's throw away. Francis, Bob // Fort Worth Business Press;4/10/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p16
Features Mike Stone, commissioner of the Northern League, an independent baseball league in the Upper Midwest, Texas. His role as a commissioner of the league; Features of the league; Career background.
- Let the circling Expos land at Dulles. Kindred, Dave // Sporting News;5/3/2004, Vol. 228 Issue 18, p64
As for the poor, wandering Montreal Expos, those forlorn gypsies wandering from country to country, occasionally paddling a raft to a hospitable island, they have been locked in the N.L. East basement for most of April, dank and dark, losers three times as often as winners. Now, if Major League...
- TO KNOW LIST 5: YOU HEARD IT HERE. // Sporting News;10/7/2005, Vol. 229 Issue 40, p6
The article quotes Major League Baseball commissioner Bud Selig.
- Slamming Bud. Hurtt, Rob // Sporting News;7/7/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 27, p55
The article presents the author's views on few things that one could expect from Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig-run fantasy baseball team. According to the author, extra statistics would be assigned arbitrarily to make sure there were never any ties in 5x5 categories. Selig has...
- Factors Affecting Attendance of Major League Baseball: Revisited. Denaux, Zulal S.; Denaux, David A.; Yalcin, Yeliz // Atlantic Economic Journal;Jun2011, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p117
Many studies have been conducted analyzing factors affecting the demand for Major League Baseball (MLB) games. This paper revisits the factors affecting the long-run demand for attendance, employing an unbalanced panel technique for all home games played over the period from 1979 to 2004 seasons...
- The Rule of Mammon. // New York;10/6/2014, Vol. 47 Issue 22, p30
The article discusses the ways Commissioner of Baseball Bud Selig helped change the role of sports commissioners in the U.S. Topics discussed include the career history of Selig, the financial success attained by professional baseball under Selig's leadership and the alleged emphasis given to...
- speed read. // Sporting News;12/15/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 50, p46
This article discusses Bud Selig, the commissioner of Major League Baseball. In 2006, Selig announced his plans to retire from baseball after the 2009 season. Between the 2007-2009 seasons, Selig will have the time and resources to hire and groom another worthy successor. The author of the...
- The threat of celebrating. // Electronic Media;10/12/98, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p9
Opinion. Comments on a suggestion by Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig to put a stop to the practice of players of pouring champagne in locker room celebrations. Staple of championship post-game festivities; Criticism of Selig for his suggestion.
- Another reason to boo the umpires. Tucker, Brian // Crain's Cleveland Business;07/19/99, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p10
Reports that major league baseball umpires have voted to resign on September 2, 1999 and not work on the final month of the season. Three suspension on an umpire for bumping a player; Formation of a corporation by the umpires.