THAT BABY: JUSTICE JACKSON'S WRITINGS ABOUT A GRANDCHILD, AND VICE VERSA
- Stay active with your grandchildren. Wicker, Kate // Catholic Digest;Jun-Aug2014, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p22
The article reports that grandparents should stay active with their grandchildren. It states that ignoring physical weaknesses, people must always stay cheerful and spend happy moments with grandchildren. Doing this will not only keep them physically fit, but will also increase their mental...
- Asthore. Feeney, Leonard // America;12/10/1932, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p229
The author relates his companionship of an old person during his early life. He accounts that his grandfather and him took a sympathetic interest in each other's joys and miseries, and they were kindred spirits and loved each other. He claims that his grandfather's stories were about Ireland,...
- Realization. Winslow, Josh // Friends & Family;2001, p223
The author recounts the best times he has spent with his alcoholic grandfather. He never knew that his grandfather was alcoholic until his death. He was closer that most grandchildren are to their grandparents due in part to the fact that he was born on his birthday. He remembers that he never...
- Grandpaâ€™s Place. Wilson, Brian // Booklist;4/15/2004, Vol. 100 Issue 16, p1459
Reviews the DVD â€˜Grandpaâ€™s Place.â€™
- Calling All Grandparents. Pizzey, Erin // Ageing International;Winter2000/Spring200, Vol. 26 Issue 3/4, p13
Presents an article about a child who grew away from her grandparents. Her age when she discovered that she was going to be a grandmother; Description of the role of grandparents toward their grandchildren; Realization when the violence was passed down from the maternal side of the family.
- LITERATURES OF THE DIASPORA. Khorana, Meena G. // Sankofa;2011, Vol. 10, p45
A photograph of a grandmother and grandchild is presented.
- CROWDED HOUSE. Connery, Ana // Parenting School Years;May2013, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p8
The article focuses on the special relationship between grandparents and their grandchildren.
- Why grandkids are so special. McCLAIN, JOY // Indiana Prairie Farmer;Oct2013, Vol. 187 Issue 10, p86
The author discusses why grandchildren are so special, relating her experience of being a mother and a grandparent to her child's children, with particular consideration on the wonder and transformation of parenthood.
- "The first timeâ€¦". // Grand Magazine;May/Jun2008, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of seeing and holding her first grandson for the first time.