ROBERT H. JACKSON AT THE NUREMBERG TRIALS, 1945-1946 AS REMEMBERED BY HIS PERSONAL BODYGUARD
- THE WORD. LAFARGE, JOHN // America;11/24/1945, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p223
The author reflects on the Nuremberg War Crime Trial involving Nazi officials in Germany. He says that the trial may satisfy the conscience of the civilized world for justice. But he contends that the trial only provides imperfect satisfaction for ultimate justice. He believes that the Last...
- Trying times. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 51, p1
The article presents information on the role of Case law professor, Henry King, in Nuremberg trial of major German war criminals, at Nuremberg, Germany in 1945-1946. Henry King arrived by train in Nuremberg, Germany, in March 1946, he felt a bit uneasy in those early morning hours. At only 26,...
- NUREMBERG TRIALS. // Reader's Companion to American History;1991, p802
The article offers information about Nuremberg trials in the Nuremberg, Germany. It is an International Military Tribunal that tried high Nazi officials for actions committed during World War II that contravened the accepted laws of war. These practices includes plotting and waging aggressive...
- EL EXTRAÃ‘O CASO DEL JUEZ HAYWOOD (UNA FÃBULA ILUSTRATIVA DEL DEBATE CONTEMPORÃNEO ACERCA DEL POSITIVISMO JURÃDICO). De Lora, Pablo // Revista JurÃdica de la Universidad AutonÃ³ma de Madrid;2009, Issue 20, p165
During a university lecture on Jurisprudence, the nature of Law and the role of judges are discussed. Meanwhile, a student writes a fable in which several judges face a case which is unusual and hard.
- The Nuremberg Code--A critique. Ghooi, Ravindra B. // Perspectives in Clinical Research;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p72
The Nuremberg Code drafted at the end of the Doctor's trial in Nuremberg 1947 has been hailed as a landmark document in medical and research ethics. Close examination of this code reveals that it was based on the Guidelines for Human Experimentation of 1931. The resemblance between these...
- The Nuremberg Trial: 1945-46. Golay, Michael // Great World Trials;1997, p266
An encyclopedia entry for the 1945 Nuremberg trial is presented. Leading Nazi officers were charged with conspiracy, crimes against peace, war crimes and crimes against humanity. The prosecution argued that Adolf Hitler started a war through a conspiracy of military leaders, diplomats,...
- 1940-1950 A NATION AT WAR: 1946 NUREMBERG TRIALS. Baron, Robert C.; Scinta, Samuel // Millennium 2000 -- 20th Century America: Key Events in History;1996, p58
This article provides information on the 1946 Nuremberg trials of German. The Allies' decision to try major Nazi leaders had been announced in 1943. An international military tribunal led by judges from the U.S., Britain, France and the Soviet Union, with Supreme Court Justice Robert Jackson as...
- NUREMBERG: ITS LESSON FOR TODAY. Scheib, Ronnie // Variety;10/18/2010, Vol. 420 Issue 10, p21
A review is presented of the motion picture "Nuremberg: Its Lessons for Today," a documentary film directed by Stuart Schulberg.
- Nuremberg: The Nazis Facing Their Crimes. Hall, P. // Video Librarian;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p75
A review of the DVD release of the documentary film "Nuremberg: The Nazis Facing Their Crimes," by Christian Delage, is presented.