Bonds help guarantee Philadelphia's security, former official says
- 'Historic; Newcastle PFI deal protects workers. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;5/3/2002, p6
Reports the extension of transfer of undertakings regulations to protect the benefits of workers in schools in Newcastle, England. Amount of the Private Finance Initiative (PFI); Efforts of the Newcastle City Council to avoid creating a two-tier workforce; Context of the PFI deal.
- Death of equity risk premium predicted. Chernoff, Joel // Pensions & Investments;11/13/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p1
Reports projections on the performance of equity risk premiums in the United States. Comparisons between the returns of stocks and bonds; Use of projected benefit obligations and benefit accruals; Alternatives on the pension fund; Implication for employer responsibility in providing employee...
- Kentucky Pension Bond Bill Stalls as Lawmakers Weigh Amendment. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/28/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32596, p30
The article reports that the legislation that would allow Kentucky to issue roughly $830 million of pension obligation bonds has stalled in the General Assembly. The author offers information about the reaction of members of the House concerning the amended bill. Information about the...
- TR opts for Bonusbonds. // Accountancy;Dec1994, Vol. 114 Issue 1216, p69
The article reports that Touche Ross is using Bonusbonds as a way of awarding employees bonuses free of employer's National Insurance in Great Britain.
- N.J.'s OPEB Liability Totals $68.7B Including $10.7B at the Local Level. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/27/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32680, p40
The article reports on the $68.7 billion unfunded other post-employment benefit (OPEB) liability that has been incurred by the state of New Jersey. The $68.7 liability reportedly comprises $10.7 billion debt to active and retired employees for municipalities and $58 billion which makes up of...
- An Examination of Employee Benefits Cost Control Strategies in New Jersey Local Governments. Roberts, Gary E. // Public Personnel Management;Fall2001, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p303
Presents the results of a survey of a number of New Jersey local governments on employee benefits cost management strategies. Indication that the majority of local governments are using displacement strategies that shift or impose costs onto either taxpayers or employees in contrast to...
- Deliquent Contributions; Liability After Repudiating. Hesse, Katherine A.; Ehrens, Doris R. MacKenzie // Benefits Quarterly;1998 Fourth Quarter, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p103
Presents different cases of delinquent contributions and liability after repudiating. Alaska Trowel Trades Pension Fund versus Lopshire; Hetchkop versus Woodlawn at Grassmere, Inc.; Highlights of the cases; Rulings on the cases.
- Baby boomers help redefine retirement, shift financial plans. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;5/23/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p23
Focuses on the influence of baby-boomer generation on the definition of retirement years in the U.S. in May 2005. Impact of demographic changes on public finance in the country; Comments on the rate of short-term retirements in the nation; Challenges which would be faced by the generation as...
- Finance and member services. // Public Finance;01/31/97, p22
Lists the different benefits a member of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) can avail of.