- Court gives Golden Books final approval of reorganization plan. // Book Publishing Report;09/06/99, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p3
Reports on the United States Bankruptcy Court's approval of the reorganization plan of publishing company Golden Books.
- Web publishers morph into online retailers. Snyder, Beth // Advertising Age;2/9/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p30
Reports on the growing trend seen during the late 1990s where traditional publishers are getting into retailing due to their involvement in electronic commerce. Challenge found in providing a successful transition from offline selling to online selling of subscriptions; Statistics; How some...
- When times are tough. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p5
The article discusses various topics published within the issue including one on the developments in licensing publishers' content, financial payoff and costs involved in the electronic market.
- The eBay revolution. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;Sep99, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p52
Explores the online explosion on collectibles and creating opportunities for publishers in Canada. Information on internet auction sites; Debate on the rise of Internet business; Impact of Internet to the general economic growth.
- Making Context King...or...Can Relevance Engines Make Content Pay Off? Smith, Steve // EContent;May2002, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p44
Looks at the attitude of many publishers towards electronic commerce. Benefits from e-commerce; Problems with contextual e-commerce; Issue of converting online readers into buyers.
- B2B ON THE LINE. Furber, Rob // Marketing Week;2/8/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 53, p43
Comments on the competition of business-to-business publishers with online companies. Threat from the emergence of Internet trading hubs; Value of a partnership with online information providers; Contribution of print media to the revenue base of publishers.
- Leading E-Business. Ellison, Larry // Executive Excellence;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p3
Reports the reorganization of Oracle into an electronic-business company. Globalization of the Oracle E-Business Suite software; Consolidation of service organizations in the global market; Increase in market capitalization.
- Rights Standoff. Russell-Walling, Edward // Publishers Weekly;3/12/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 11, pS8
The article discusses issues of rights exclusivity in the publishing industry in Great Britain. Hachette stated that it would give exclusive European rights to its British publishers whenever it owned world rights. According to British agents, if U.S. publishers wanted European rights, they...
- Nat'l Geographic Revamps Book Unit. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;9/23/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 38, p15
Reveals that publisher, National Geographic has decided to consolidate its children's trade and school units. Executive appointments in the consolidate units; Reason for the reorganization.