Atria To Target Hispanic Market In 2006
- Simon & Schuster Punctuates Howard Buy with Osteen Deal. // Book Publishing Report;3/20/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on the deal made by Simon & Schuster Inc. with writer Joel Osteen for another religious book that will be released in fall 2007 in New York City. Osteen signed under a co-publishing agreement in which the author gets a small or no advance in exchange for a bigger share in the...
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;4/24/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p5
The article presents several news briefs related to book industries and trade in the U.S. Chuck Barris has signed a contract with Simon & Schuster Inc. to write a novel entitled "The Big Question." The book is expected to be released in Spring 2007. The books "March" by Geraldine Brooks and...
- Simon & Schuster Revenues Down 8.6% During The Second Quarter. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p4
Reports on publishing house Simon & Schuster's financial performance during the second quarter of 2000. Decline in the company's revenues; Restructuring costs related to the company's becoming a stand-alone publisher; Preparation to launch several big titles during the second half of the year.
- S&S Makes Adult Pocket Books And Trade Division One 900-Title Group. // Book Publishing Report;02/05/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p4
Reports that Simon and Schuster is splitting up its Pocket Books, combining the adult imprints with its Trade Division and making the Young Readers imprints part of its Children's Publishing Division. Intended purpose for the company's move; Optimism of company officials that their decision to...
- Viacom Hangs 'Not For Sale Sign' on S&S, Moves To Make It More Interesting. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;2/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the movement of Simon & Schuster (S&S) Inc. to the Viacom Entertainment Group in New York City. Effects of corporate synergy on the publishing program of S&S; Relationship of S&S to other film and television studios; Revenue of S&S.
- Pocket Books divides units to facilitate expansion in markets. // Book Publishing Report;09/27/99, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p4
Reports on changes implemented at Simon & Schuster's Pocket Books unit. Division of the adult publishing program into distinct mass market paperback and hardcover and trade paperback divisions; Creation of a new position to oversee the hardcover and trade paperback division; Realignment of...
- S&S consolidates sales force, Rick Richter named to lead new team. // Book Publishing Report;12/6/99, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p3
Reports that publishing company Simon & Schuster is consolidating its sales force to give it more clout with retailers in the United States. Appointment of Rick Richter as head of the sales group; Response to consolidation in the industry and growth of customer base.
- S&S's new owner: Shoe drops soon. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/18/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 20, p13
Anticipates the winner of the final bids in the contest to acquire Simon & Schuster as of May 1998. Where the company's long-established name will end up.
- S&S Kids Forms New Paperback Group. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/10/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 23, p9
Reports on the decision of the children's book division of Simon & Schuster publishing company to create a separate paperback unit. Reason for the creation of the unit; Information on the management team of the formed unit; Changes in the division which resulted from the restructuring.