Tennessee Governor's budget plan offers construction debt, tax cut
- Centrist Dems press Obama administration on spending. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;4/1/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p4
The article reports that Senate Democrats summoned U.S. President Barack Obama's budget chief for spending nation's fiscal health.
- Local governments could still miss out on the booty from bountiful budget. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;07/03/2000, Issue 322637, p26
Discusses the proposed state budget of California for 2001. Vehicle license fee reduction; Proposal to increase the research and development tax credit; Amount designed for local projects; Lack of financial relief for local governments, cities, and counties.
- Pulling on the purse strings. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;04/17/2000, Issue 322604, p34
Editorial. Comments on the financial system, particularly on state budget allocations in California. Speculations regarding the amount of surplus to be expected at the end of the fiscal year; Political problems caused by the surplus; Evidence of state backlog of projects and services; Need for...
- War, Terrorism, and National Security Shape Bush R&D Budget in FY 2004; Civilian R&D Funding Flat. Dawson, Jim; Guinnessy, Paul // Physics Today;May2003, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p30
Reports that national security has gained more importance in the budget proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush's administration for fiscal year 2004. Title of a budget resolution passed by the U.S. House of Representatives in March 2003; Increase in defense research and development budget;...
- Public services bear the brunt of budget cuts. // Public Finance;12/2/94, p2
Reports on the impact of the plan of the British government to reduce the proposed national budget for the fiscal year 1995-1996. Impact of the planned budget reduction on the public services; Budget allocated for departmental functions; Effects of the reduced budget on the local government,...
- Leader. // Public Finance;12/2/94, p6
Discusses the economic implications of the proposed national budget in Great Britain. Impact of the imposition of higher taxes; Assumptions on economic growth and inflation; Importance of checking public spending; Possibilities of reducing taxes; Use of local authority self-financed expenditure...
- N.Y.C. Mayor Eases Up on Tax Cut Plans. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30874, p1
Reports on New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's proposed spending plan that will draw on the city's fiscal 2000 budget surplus. Modifications to the city's bond policies under the budget plan; Tax cuts proposed by Giuliani in his spending plan.
- Lebanon. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/16/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 15, p11
Reports on the public spending plan of Lebanon for 1999. Amount allocated for debt servicing; Projected increase in investment spending.
- In brief. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/14/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p13
Reports on acting Lebanese Finance Minister Nasser Saidi's remarks on the government's public spending plans contained in the 1999 draft budget.