Laclede Steel bonds stay on CreditWatch
- Illinois authority may miss debt payment. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/29/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30568, p42
Reports on efforts by the Southwestern Illinois Development Authority to ensure that a debt-service payment due on February 1, 1999 on bonds issued for LaClede Steel Co. is made on time. Standard & Poor's placement of the bonds on negative CreditWatch; Bankruptcy court ruling freezing the...
- Illinois Stuck Repaying Reorganized Steel Company's Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p32
Reports on the possibility that Illinois will repay bond issued by Laclede Steel Co. Financial plan filed by the company in the federal bankruptcy court; Moral obligation of the state.
- LACLEDE IN BANKRUPTCY, AGAIN. // 33 Metalproducing;Sep2001, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p24
Reports the filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection by Laclede Steel Co. in Saint Louis, Missouri. Decision of the company to split divisions into separate units; Accounts on the reorganization of the company; Impact of company action on employees.
- Short takes on high yields. // High Yield Report;12/07/98, Vol. 9 Issue 47, p3
Presents news briefs related to the high yield investment market as of December 7, 1998. Includes Laclede Steel Co.'s filing of bankruptcy; Pressure to counter increased imports in the United States; Biovail Corp. International's denial of an intent to use proceeds of a junk offering to buyback...
- Steelworks defaults on Illinois pollution bond. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;11/25/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30528, p3
Informs that Saint Louis, Illinois-based Laclede Steel Co. defaulted on a 1976 revenue bond issued of city of Alton, Illinois. Saint Louis suburb's sale of pollution control bonds on behalf of Laclede; Notice posted with the Thomson Nationally Recognized Municipal Securities Information Repository.
- Florida Legislature Set to Pass Budget, Clear Way for Everglades Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31643, p3
This article reports that the Florida Legislature is poised on May 27, 2003 to pass a $52.3 billion budget for fiscal year 2004 and to reauthorize an $800 million Everglades Restoration Bonds program that was not implemented last year because the bill was challenged in court. The budget before...
- Qatar: The US$ Global 30 -- A Well Supported Sovereign. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/18/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p19
The article focuses on the Global 30 Bond of Qatar which is considered creditworthy of emerging market sovereign bonds. It stands at 120bps, widening 50bps since end of July 2006. Qatar remains to be creditworthy despite the slightly less benign short-term external environment for the Qatari...
- Kent to vote on key issue. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/21/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p3
The article reports that the commissioners of Kent County in Michigan are set to vote the week of March 21, 2011 on the recommendation of the county's finance committee to set the level of the fund balance or reserve account to 40 percent of the general fund's expenditures and transfers, a...
- Iron-Horse Graveyard. // Saturday Evening Post;11/12/1960, Vol. 233 Issue 20, p28
This article presents information on Laclede Steel Co. at Alton, Illinois, where several hundreds of steam locomotives have been cut tip and melted down. The locomotives, bumped from service by the more economical diesels and electrics, come to Alton from all parts of the country, bearing famous...