- FYI. // Underground Construction;Jan1998, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p100
Provides updates on events related to the underground pipeline construction industry in the United States as of January 1998. Includes American Augers' entry into a distributor agreement with Ellis William Co.; Availability of brochure of a cost-effective serviceable pig signaller; Logan Clay...
- Business. // Underground Construction;Jan1999, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p78
Reports on developments concerning the underground pipeline construction industry in the United States. Includes Garrett Engineering's offering of engineering and consulting services specializing in horizontal directional drilling; Kellogg Brown & Root chief executive officer A.J. Stanley and...
- Why do we continue to place un-locatable utilities in the ground? Berry, Joe // Underground Construction;Jan1999, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p96
Opinion. Criticizes the underground construction industry's practice of burying underground pipelines without tracer wires and cables that can help locate them in the future. Concerns on whether owners of such underground facilities be able to locate them using conventional locating...
- Washington Watch. Barlas, Stephen // Underground Construction;Aug2002, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p10
Presents legislative developments related to the underground construction industry in the U.S. as of August 2002. Pipeline safety bill; Department of Trade's Office of Pipeline Safety general operator qualification; Gas transmission integrity program.
- IPLOCA President's Message. Ringers, Hans // Underground Construction;Sep2000, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p34
Provides information on the International Pipe Line & Offshore Contractor's Association (IPLOCA). Reputation of IPLOCA in the pipeline construction industry; Venue of the association's 34th convention; Opportunities provided by the annual convention.
- Crystal Ball? Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Jan2004, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p2
Provides an overview of the articles published in the January 2004 issue of the journal "Underground Construction" in the U.S. Details of the annual energy pipeline construction report; Analysis of the telecommunication market; Preparation for the Municipal Survey on engineers and contractors.
- UCT Means Business. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Dec2004, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p42
The article focuses on the annual Underground Construction Technology (UCT) International Conference & Exhibition scheduled for January 25-27, at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston. Billed as the most important business event of 2005 for the underground piping infrastructure, UCT...
- PLCA President's Profile: Dave Stotz. Read, Traci // Underground Construction;Feb2007, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p34
The article profiles Dave Stotz, the president of Pipe Line Contractors Association (PLCA) in the U.S. He graduated from Southern Illinois University in 1973 and started his first pipeline career in Midwestern Contractors Inc. in Wheaton, Illinois. He worked in Latex Construction Co. in Atlanta,...
- Trenchless Innovation Keeps It Green In Takoma Park. Tenbusch, A. R. // Underground Construction;Feb2007, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p47
The article discusses the Tenbush Insertion Method used by Taylor Utilities in Capital Heights, Maryland as its innovative solution for the trenchless pipe replacement of a 170-foot wastewater line in Takoma Park, Maryland. The Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission has awarded the contract for...