Coaching Others for a Higher Level of Performance
- Malpractice insurance. Hess, John // RN;Oct75, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p91
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article on the mounting cost of malpractice insurance, which was published in the July 1975 issue.
- The virtue script, reconsidered. Metules, Terri // RN;Aug2007, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p9
The article discusses reports within the issue, including one on the efforts of healthcare workers in response to the victims of Hurricane Katrina and another on the experience of an intensive care nurse as a patient.
- CALLING ALL PRECEPTORS: HOW CAN WE BETTER PREPARE AND SUPPORT YOU? Alspach, Grif // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2008, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p13
The author reflects on the instructional support and enhancement approaches that should be afforded to preceptors. He cites various issues that emerged in the discussion of critical care nurses including expectations of nurse preceptors, initial educational preparation of nurses to serve as...
- Improving communication in acute care. Kite, Suzanne M.; Burns, Eileen // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Oct2010, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p546
The author focuses on the significance of improving communication in acute care in Great Britain. She stresses that communication between patients and healthcare providers are required to improve ones preparedness for death and the quality of end-of-life. It further discusses the benefits and...
- From the clinical editor. Price, Paula // Dynamics;Winter2005, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p4
The article presents information on the articles regarding leadership skills published in the November issue of the "Dynamics: The Official Journal of the Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses." The first two articles presents a scenario, identification of the core problems and then some...
- Lay carers have the expertise. Kennerley, Dorothy // Nursing Management - UK;Mar2011, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p9
A letter is presented in response to the article "Valuing compassion through definition and measurement" by B. Dewar, S. Pullin and R. Tocheris in the February issue of the journal.
- Educating Professionals to Care for Older Adults: Multiple lenses and multiple approaches for multiple disciplines. Lane, Annette M.; Hirst, Sandra P. // Indian Journal of Gerontology;2014, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p445
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various reports within the issue on topics including online courses on gerontological nursing, gerontological nursing practice in acute care and mentoring of palliative care staff.
- Session 3: EDUCATION AND LEARNING: Evaluating the mentor in critical care. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p38
An abstract of the article "Evaluating the mentor in critical care," by Jochen Bergs and colleagues is presented.
- EB102 Walking the Walk: Mentoring Professional Development of Staff Nurses. Vaupel-Juart, Stephanie; Herron, Loletia // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2014, Vol. 34 Issue 2, pe28
An abstract of the article "Walking the Walk: Mentoring Professional Development of Staff Nurses" by Stephanie Vaupel-Juart and colleagues is presented.