- Saudi Arabia. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/7/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 45, p33
Reports on the bids submitted by international contractors and consultants for the construction of an underground gas pipeline known as UBTG-3. Names of bidding companies; Estimated cost of the project.
- Mixed Market Recovery For HDD. Carponter, Robert // Underground Construction;Jun2011, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p24
The article offers information on the 13th horizontal directional drilling (HDD) survey conducted by the periodical "Under Construction." It states that HDD technology is getting broader acceptance in the underground piping industry. It mentions that one of the positive drivers of the HDD market...
- UCT Means Business. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Dec2004, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p42
The article focuses on the annual Underground Construction Technology (UCT) International Conference & Exhibition scheduled for January 25-27, at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston. Billed as the most important business event of 2005 for the underground piping infrastructure, UCT...
- In Texas, 'Direct Pipe' Installation Goes Long. Rubenstone, Jeff // Candy Industry;Nov2015, Vol. 180 Issue 11, p14
The article reports on the pipeline installation project by pipeline contractor Michel Corp. in Freeport, Texas, focusing on its use of the Direct Pipe method. According to Michel trenchless manager Patrick O'Donoghue, the Direct Pipe method was opted because of its continuous supported bore...
- 1998 pipeline construction outlook. Aucion, Mary P. // Underground Construction;Jan1998, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p54
Forecasts the performance of underground pipeline construction companies in various countries for 1998. Includes Alliance Pipeline Co.; ANR Pipeline Co.; Arco Alaska Inc.; Bechtel Corp.
- Equipment selection guide. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Jun95, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p19
Presents a guide for the selection of equipment for pipeline and utility contractors for underground piping work. Includes excavators; Trenching machines; Backhoes/loaders; Rock drills; Electric welding equipment; Cable layers; Skid steer loaders; Air compressors.
- Dry Africa seeks water sources. Wright, Andrew G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/22/97, Vol. 239 Issue 12, p26
Features the construction of a 360 kilometers underground water pipeline in Botswana. Connection of a reservoir in the country's eastern region to the dry Gaborone, Botswana. Estimated value of the pipeline's dam, pumping station and treatment plant; Importance of the pipeline for Gaborone's...
- Sound way to find buried pipes. // Professional Engineering;12/10/97, Vol. 10 Issue 22, p46
Highlights a method which was introduced to detect the presence and location of underground piping uses acoustic devices, to send signals along the pipes. Brief information on sound signals; Reference to signal generating devices; Reason the method was designed; Production of maps of buried pipes.
- Several factors play role in joint restraint installation. Shumard, Dennis // WaterWorld;Apr96, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p1
Editorial. Discusses various parameters involved in joint restraint installation in underground pipelines. Soil type; Trench type; Depth of bury; Test pressure; Pipe type; Pipe size; Fitting type; Safety factor; Other considerations.