Successfully Integrating e-Learning With Critical Care Nursing Education
- Session 3: EDUCATION AND LEARNING: A new way? Critical care education in the future in Austria; a vision. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p38
An abstract of the article "A new way? Critical care education in the future in Austria; a vision," by Karin Klas is presented.
- One less hurdle for CCRNs pursuing their BSNs in NY. Ventura, Marissa J. // RN;Jun96, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p11
Reports that the State University of New York at Brockport has waived its six-credit critical care requirement for those who have already passes the critical care registered nursing (CCRN) exam. Comments from associate professor Sheila Myer.
- CUIDADO DE ENFERMAGEM COM PACIENTE NO PRONTO-SOCORRO: EXPECTATIVAS E DESAFIOS PARA O ACADÃŠMICO DE ENFERMAGEM. Pereira, Fabiani Weiss; da Costa, Valdecir Zavarese; de Almeida Hammerschmidt, Karina Silveira // Journal of Nursing UFPE / Revista de Enfermagem UFPE;4/1/2010, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p470
Objective: to report the experience with the experience in practical activity of nursing discipline in the adult care in critical life period of the 6th Course of the Federal University of Pampa City Uruguaiana/RS, from the perspective of academic research. Methodology: this is reflective report...
- ABSTRACTS: POSTER PRESENTATIONS: Intensive care units "without walls" - concept "Outreach". // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p83
An abstract of the article "Intensive care units without walls-concept Outreach, by Gordana Dragosev," Sofija Alijevic and Petar Mircovic is presented.
- Knowledge levels of intensive care nurses regarding usage of Pulse Oximetry in a university hospital in Turkey. Yıldız, Dilek; İyigün, Emine; Fidanci, Berna Eren // HealthMed;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p832
Aim: Pulse oximetry has become one of the most commonly used tools in the clinical environment for assessing patients' oxygenation status. To determine the knowledge levels of intensive care nurses in relation to usage and fundamental principles of pulse oximetry. Materials and methods: The...
- Education Directory. // Critical Care Nurse;Jun2006, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p78
A directory listing events related to continuing nursing education in the U.S. in 2006 is presented. Pediatric Critical Care Nursing will be offered in Denver, Colorado on September 20-23. Fort Lauderdale, Florida will hold the Wealth of Knowledge 2006 on July 27 and 28. The Quest for Excellence...
- Educating Professionals to Care for Older Adults: Multiple lenses and multiple approaches for multiple disciplines. Lane, Annette M.; Hirst, Sandra P. // Indian Journal of Gerontology;2014, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p445
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various reports within the issue on topics including online courses on gerontological nursing, gerontological nursing practice in acute care and mentoring of palliative care staff.
- Education Directory. // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2011, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p79
A directory of educational events for nurses to be held in 2011 is presented, which includes "It's Complicated" to be held October 13 in Michigan City, Indiana; "Critical Care Certification Cram" to be held October 10-11 in Grand Rapids, Michigan; and "Pediatric Critical Care Nursing" to be held...
- Education Directory. // Critical Care Nurse;Dec2011, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p75
A calendar of educational and professional events for the year 2012 is presented which includes a seminar titled "Certification in Legal Nurse Consulting," a Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Review Course, and Horizons 2012 conference.