Detroit School Plan
- Texas' Northside School District to Hit Market With $131M Sale. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32582, p6
The article reports on the efforts of the Texas' Northside Independent School District in going into market on March 8, 2007 with $131.2 million of building and refunding bonds. It highlights that the bond will mature from 2009 to 2037 and carry a triple-A ratings. Furthermore, in May, the...
- Parsippany School Sale. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/31/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32434, p33
The article reports that the Parsippany-Troy Hills Township Board of Education in New Jersey will issue new-money school bonds and refunding bonds to address public education and school district finance. Proceeds will fund the improvement of facilities in two high schools, three elementary...
- State K-12 Funding Will Be Tight in Next Budget Cycle. // Electronic Education Report;1/24/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the budget for the education sector in Texas and California. It says that in Texas faces a budget shortfall projected to be between 15 and 27 billion dollar over the coming two-year cycle and added that the nation has already created an early draft of a fiscal 2012-2013...
- Colo. District Face Deficits, Prospect of Deep Budget Cuts. Richardson, Joanna // Education Week;1/13/1993, Vol. 12 Issue 16, p9
The article reports that several Colorado school districts are facing with record budget deficits and the prospect of deep cuts. According to Kay Pride, a spokeswoman for the school system, that further cuts will be decided after the district consults with school staff, parents, and other...
- Chicago Board of Ed To Sell $250M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32153, p1
Reports on the refund of general obligation debt of the Chicago Board of Education in Chicago, Illinois. Purpose of the move on raising funds for capital plan; Total administrative cuts being outlined from deficits; Impact of budget cuts on schools' administration.
- RESEARCH DIGEST. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;2/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31575, p6
Reports on news items related to U.S. bond market as of February 19, 2003. Projection of a budget gap for fiscal 2004 in Boston, Massachusetts by Vestigo Associates; Decline in refundings of municipal bonds for 2003.
- N.Y.C. Looks To Make Use Of New Power. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31348, p1
Reports the possible use of advance refundings power to take advantage of favorable interest rates by the New York City government. Projection of savings from refundings; Efforts to close budget gaps; Views of Rita Sallis, deputy comptroller for public finance.
- San Diego School District Delays $850M Deal Amid Volatile Market. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/25/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31849, p3
Reports on the authorization by the San Diego Unified School District of a multimillion-dollar refunding of general obligation bonds. Aim of the refunding to allow the district to take advantage of the low yields in the market; Remark from Scott Patterson, the district's chief financial...
- Cincinnati School District to Issue $128 Million of COPs. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/3/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32501, p3
The article reports on the plan of Cincinnati School District to issue new-money and refunding certificates of participation on November 6, 2006. The proceeds will be used for the district's three-phased process of funding a long-term $916 million school construction program. Peck, Shaffer &...