Union Contract Set
- A Tale of Two Sectors: One Public, One Private. Poltenson, Norman // Business Journal (Central New York);9/15/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p36
The article reflects on the increasing number of public-sector employees in New York. Private-sector employment has fallen by six percent from 2000 up to 2006, while total government employment has risen 6.7 percent in the same period. The Public Policy Institute of New York State attributes...
- Vt. Pension Plans to Remain Separate. // Investment Management Weekly;3/28/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the of Vermont Governor James Douglas to veto a bill that would have combined the Vermont State Employees' Retirement System, the Vermont State Teachers Retirement System and the Vermont Municipal Employees' Retirement System into one pension plan system. Reason of Governor Douglas...
- Staffing states. Stuart, Elaine // State Government News;Oct97, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p22
Discusses trends in state government employment practices in the United States. Downsizing; Competition for workers; Pay for performance; Privatization; Empowerment of workers; Unions under siege; Pensions. INSET: CSG resources..
- Chicago's John Harris Leaves Budget Director Post for New State Position. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/3/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32188, p3
Reports that Chicago, Illinois municipal budget director John Harris will leave his post to take the position of chief operating officer of Illinois overseeing the day-to-day operations of all state agencies under Governor Rod Blagojevich's authority. Driving force behind several effective...
- NON-PARTICIPATION IN THE ELECTIONS AS THE BASIS OF THE TERMINATION OF DUTIES OF STATE AND MUNICIPAL EMPLOYEE. Bokov, Y. A. // In the World of Scientific Discoveries / V Mire Nauchnykh Otkryt;2013, Issue 47.6, p329
Some states set a mandatory vote for all voters. For non-participation in elections provides for liability. In Russia it is necessary to establish a mandatory vote for state and municipal employees and for non-participation in the elections to terminate their powers, liability.
- Weekly Leads. // Investment Management Weekly;2/14/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p8
Provides information on several search and hire activities of investment management firms in the U.S. for the week ending February 9, 2005. Chicago Public School Teachers' Pension & Retirement Fund; Maryland State Retirement & Pension System; Prince George County Pension System.
- Who's Feeding Our Elected Officials, Anyway? Berg, Lora // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;3/1/2013, p1
The article presents the response of U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack to a letter from Senator Pat Roberts and other senators from key livestock-producing states seeking legal justifications and furlough plans in the Department of Agriculture's (USDA) implementation of sequestration....
- Political pawns. Roybal, Joe // BEEF;Mar2013, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on an announcement made by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Secretary Tom Vilsack which states that budget sequestration may lead to a two-week furlough of federal meat inspectors, that would effectively halt the American meat and poultry processing. It states that...
- Speaking Truth to Power. // Canada & the World Backgrounder;Mar2006, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p10
The article looks at the duties and responsibilities of the Department of Environment of Ottawa, Ontario. Their work is supervised by managers. The work of the managers is supervised by higher level managers. The department is a small one by Ottawa standards, but it still has 4,700 employees and...