Municipal Bond Elections
- Munis Unchanged Ahead of FOMC Minutes Release. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/31/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32392, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market seemed unchanged in the last week of May, 2006 just before the release of the minutes of the May 10 meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee in the United States. The investors were cautious after the holiday weekend to buy securities but...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 29. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States during the March 29, 2004 trading session.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p33
Presents charts and graphs on the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of May 6, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Visible supply declines; New-issue balances; One-year note index; Reoffering yields;...
- Big Deals From Houston, Washington Should Boost Yields. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p6
Reports on the volume of primary market municipal bond deals in the U.S. for the week of May 17, 2004. Major deals from various states; Yields expected by investors; Pricing of deals; Use of proceeds from the transactions.
- Jobs Data Expectations Drive Up Municipal Bond Indexes. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p52
Reports that most of "The Bond Buyer" newspaper's weekly municipal bond yield indexes rose at the end of May 2004 as expectations mounted that the release of the May employment report on June 2004 will be favorable and prompt the Federal Reserve to raise short-term rates later in June 2004. Key...
- Municipals Rise on Coattails Of Continuing Treasuries Rally. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p2
Reports that the municipal bond market rose on October 14, 2004, as Treasuries continued to rally, stimulating tax-exempt buyers-particularly relative-value payers and tender-option bond programs-to step up their bids and come off the sidelines. Impact of rising oil prices and speculation that...
- Munis Unchanged as Buyers Wait for FOMC. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/25/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32494, p2
The article provides an overview of the performance of the municipal bond market, as of October 24, 2006. The market has remained unchanged as participants await news from the Federal Open Market Committee on potential changes to the overnight lending rate. The yield on the benchmark 10-year...
- Calendar. // Bond Buyer;2/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32312, p13
The article presents a calendar of events in the bond market. Municipal bonds issued by Miami-Dade County, Florida on February 10, 2006. Bond issuance of the Virginia Department of Transportation on February 23, 2006.
- Munis Unchanged to Firmer in New-Issue Flood. Scarchilli, Michael; Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/30/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32518, p2
The article provides updates on the municipal bond market in the U.S. Municipals remain slightly firmer in November 29, 2006, that digest a flood of primary market offers as some of the largest deals hit the market. According to traders, yields on the long end were lower by about one basis point...