MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, February 8
- Prices Barely Move as Buyers Focus on Primary. Johnson, Anastasua // Bond Buyer;12/8/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32274, p2
This article reports that the U.S. municipal bond prices finished flat yesterday as the Treasury bond market sold off and remained in negative territory after the five-year note auction. Meanwhile, California sold the $1.03 billion general obligation offering. The U.S. Municipal Securities...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p37
Presents statistical data about the bond market in the United States as of July 28, 2005. Municipal bond index; Securities prices; General obligations yields; One-year note index.
- 'Year-End Roll Down' Trade Likely to Be Less Popular in 2005. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32283, p6
The article reports that year-end roll down trade in the U.S. will not be used frequently this year because spreads in the municipal market have narrowed down to a considerable extent during last year. The roll down is a term used to indicate a trading maneuver used frequently by the...
- Sleepy August Trading Session Sends Munis, Treasuries Down. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31954, p2
Reports on the decline in the municipal bond prices in the U.S. as of August 23, 2004. Impact of lack of pressure from supply in the secondary on the downside in the tax-exempt sector; Decline in the government bond market; Impact of the decline on the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;4/27/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32120, p37
The article presents various statistical data related to various bonds and securities in the United States. In the daily segment, the data provides market information on various bonds like Municipal bond index, 40 average dollar price, average yield to par call, average yield to maturity. In the...
- Munis Best Treasuries All Across the Curve. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;7/13/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33548, p2
The article reports on the growing trend in the municipal securities market outperforming treasuries in the U.S. It states that the municipal bond market has been robust attracting investors from the sideline due to its favorable ratios and beguiling pricing on bond issues. According to...
- Bond Buyer Indexes Fall After Mixed Performance Last Week. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p39
The Bond Buyer, a periodical, yield indexes mostly fell in the week ending June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose up to two basis points on June 6 and two to five basis points on June 2. Treasury bonds' prices fell on June 2 when reports indicated that the May Institute for Supply Management...
- Muni Prices Rise Slightly on Bond-Friendly Data. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/23/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32285, p2
The article reports on developments in the tax-exempt municipal bond market in the United States. The Treasuries increase due to reports of weaker-than-expected consumption growth and inflation. According to traders, prices increase and yields decline by two basis points and four basis points in...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, Aug. 27. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31708, p2
Reports on prevailing prices in bond market in the U.S. as of August 27, 2003. Information on prices of government securities; Appraisal of the municipal bond index; Monthly change in bond prices.