Municipals Shed Some Early Gains, Manage to Hold and Finish Higher
- Munis Finish Session Little Changed as Players Wait for Coming Heavy Supply. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32240, p2
Reports on the changes of the municipal bond market session as participants prepared for the upcoming new issue supply in the U.S. Failure of the bond market to provide a definitive direction; Estimation of a long-term issuance of bonds sold in the first week of October; Marketing of taxable...
- Yield Indexes Mostly Down as Data Shows Some Improvement. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p31
Focuses on the Bond Buyer Indexes for the period November 13, 2003 to February 5, 2004. Performance of the Bond Buyer municipal bond price indexes; General construction and refunding bonds issued by the Washington Suburban Sanitary District in Maryland; Activities in the municipal and Treasury...
- Muni Market Set for More Issuance. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;4/28/2015, p1
The municipal bond market is bracing for the bulk of the week's new issues. While volume is down for the week, the majority of the upcoming bond sales will come to market on Tuesday.
- ANNUAL REVIEW: Refundings Rage Fuels 31% Bounce in Muni Debt. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;2/11/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33859, Following p2A
The article offers information on the annual refunding review report of the U.S. bond market for the year 2012. It mentions that the volume for long-term municipal bonds has climbed up by 31 percent to 376.2 billion U.S. dollars in 13,036 issues due to increased bond refunding in the first half...
- Treasury Refunding to Raise $3.6B New Cash. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;11/5/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34406, p1
The Treasury said it will raise $3.6 billion in new cash with its quarterly refunding, selling $16 billion 30-year bonds on Nov. 12, $24 billion 10-year notes on Nov. 10 and $16 billion three-year notes on Nov. 9.
- Southeast Bond Sales Continue Two-Year Slide. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/26/2015, p1
Issuers in the Southeast sold $48.8 billion of municipal bonds in 2014, according to Thomson Reuters, down 14.3% from 2013 to decline for the second consecutive year.
- Munis Rise on the Back of Treasuries; Golden State Tobacco Bonds Trade Up. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32185, p2
Reports on the sale of a multi-billion dollar refunding bond by Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp. in the U.S. Impact of such sale on improving the municipal bond market; Rise in municipal bond prices and a decline in yield; Influence of a number of firmer trades with on-the-run bonds on...
- Bond Buyer Indexes Fall After Mixed Performance Last Week. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p39
The Bond Buyer, a periodical, yield indexes mostly fell in the week ending June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose up to two basis points on June 6 and two to five basis points on June 2. Treasury bonds' prices fell on June 2 when reports indicated that the May Institute for Supply Management...
- Muni Prices Rise Slightly on Bond-Friendly Data. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/23/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32285, p2
The article reports on developments in the tax-exempt municipal bond market in the United States. The Treasuries increase due to reports of weaker-than-expected consumption growth and inflation. According to traders, prices increase and yields decline by two basis points and four basis points in...