MBIA Names Thomas McLoughlin New Head of Global Public Finance
- MBIA kicks off the holidays aboard the U.S.S. Intrepid. Editorial Staff // Asset Securitization Report;12/3/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 46, pN.PAG
Reports on the holiday party hosted by MBIA Inc. aboard the U.S.S. Intrepid in 2001. Financial services executives who attended the event.
- John Pizzarelli Returns to Insurance as CIFG's U.S. Public Finance Head. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32564, p6
The article announces that John Pizzarelli was appointed head of public finance unit of CIFG in the U.S.
- MBIA Closes Deal to Reinsure $166B of FGIC's Public Finance Book. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;10/2/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32973, p24
The article reports on the closure of MBIA Inc.'s transaction to reinsure a $166 billion portion of Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.'s (FGIC) $200 billion public finance book in the U.S. The company will receive unearned upfront premiums of approximately $639 million, net of a ceding premium...
- Lehman Hires MBIA Vet John Pizzarelli. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/21/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32158, p7
This article informs that Lehman Brothers has hired John Pizzarelli, former head of public finance at MBIA Insurance Corp., in the project finance unit of the investment bank's public finance group. Pizzarelli started in his new position as senior vice president, a spokeswoman said. He reports...
- MBJA Withdraws from AFGI, Citing Different 'Vision'. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;2/22/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32821, p28
The article reports on the withdrawal of MBIA Inc. from the Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers in the U.S. MBIA chief executive officer (CEO) Joseph Brown stated that the company and the trade association no longer share a common vision for the industry. Brown said that the company is...
- Company Overview. // MBIA, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Aug2005, p4
Presents an overview of MBIA Inc., Armonk, New York-based provider of financial guarantee insurance and investment management services. Revenues generated in fiscal year 2004; Services offered, including municipal and other services to public finance, and structured finance clients on a global...
- Lease-Purchase Firm Adds Two to Vendor Finance Unit. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;8/3/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31939, p28
Reports on the recruitment of senior vice presidents for the vendor finance unit of Orix Public Finance LLC in Kansas City, Kansas. Provision of financial products and services to clients; Responsibilities of the executives in the firm; Experience in the leasing and finance industry.
- People. // Public Finance;6/24/2005, p16
Focuses on the career developments of executives in the public finance sector in Great Britain. Appointment of Mark Crisp as unit head for financial audit of the Common Agricultural Policy at the European Court of Auditors; Decision of Steve Hirst to join Xansa PLC as business development...
- Spiegel misses MBIA's deadlines. M.G. // Asset Securitization Report;2/10/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p1
Reports that financing firm Spiegel Group has failed to comply with terms of its agreements with MBIA. Background on the agreements between the companies designed to settle their early payout dispute; Details of the 10-K documents filed by the company with the U.S. Securities and Exchange...