Chicago Panel Slows Deal
- Albuquerque Prepares $120M GO Package for October Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32083, p4
The article reports that Albuquerque, New Mexico is this month finalizing a $120 million general obligation bond package that will go to voters at the regularly scheduled municipal election on October 5, 2004. The proceeds would be mostly devoted to traffic and park improvements, but each of the...
- Corpus Christi, Tex., Council Set to Approve $110M Deal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32153, p3
Reports on the authorization of the city councils to sale a multi-million dollar general obligation and refunding bonds in Corpus Christi, Texas. Interest rate and premium of the bonds; Aid of the bond proceeds to fund streets, public health and safety and other economic development projects;...
- Term limits: Palliative or panacea? Hansell, Bill // Public Management (00333611);May94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on the challenges posed by term limits for council members. Right of the people to choose anyone to serve them; Criticism against term limits.
- A closer look at the job that served as the stepping stone for most of our modern mayors. Laborde, Errol // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/10/94, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p5
Opinion. Reviews the potential candidates for at-large council seats in New Orleans, Louisiana. Council membership as a stepping stone for city mayors; Confusing politics of councilmen election.
- Casino expert: Detroit City Council's study is flawed. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;5/20/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p34
Reports the demands of the Detroit City Council for the casino development agreements in Michigan. Problem encountered by casino operators; Competition between American Indian and Canadian casinos; Tax contributions of casino operators.
- Voters didn't like City Council's hidden agenda. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/13/97, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p22
Comments on the rejection by voters in Salt Lake City, Utah of the appointment of Mary Mark and Lee Martinez as councilmembers. Questions on the objectives of the city council in appointing the members.
- May Elections seeking candidates. // Munday Courier (TX);2/ 9/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p1
The article offers information on the registering procedure for the elections going to be held in Munday, Texas for several posts including Mayor and City Council members on May 12, 2012.
- NOTICE OF MAY 12, 2012 CITY ELECTION. // Munday Courier (TX);2/ 9/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p5
The article reports that the City of Munday, Texas will hold an election on May 2012 for the post of Mayor and Councilmen and its applications are available at City Hall, Munday, Texas.
- CITY OF RULE TO CANCEL MAY 09, 2009 GENERAL ELECTION. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);4/30/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p4
The article reports that due to the unopposed status, the election to be held on May 9, 2009 for the placement of three council members in Rule, Texas, has been cancelled.