Big spread on zeroes tightens in secondary
- Arkansas investors scramble for insured zero-coupon GO offering. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;09/09/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30226, p8
Reports on the strong investor reception for Arkansas' zero-coupon state general obligation bonds issued on September 8, 1997. Availability of coupon-paying bonds from 1998 to 2002; Projected strength of retail distribution due to a sizable, local issue and the unprecedented use of insurance on...
- Getting something for nothing. Korn, Donald Jay; Cintron, Ivan // Black Enterprise;Apr2000, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p42
Discusses the rewards for owning zero-coupon bonds. How zero-coupon bonds eliminate reinvestment risk; Categories of investment in a municipal zero-coupon bonds; Comments from George Strickland, portfolio manager at Thornburg Intermediate Municipal Fund.
- D.C. May Sell $210M in Tobacco Bonds to Fund Medical Center. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32345, p31
The article reports that the District of Columbia is considering issuing $210 million in tax-exempt subordinated zero-coupon bonds backed by tobacco companies' payments under the Master Settlement Agreement. It aims to help finance the construction of the proposed National Capital Medical...
- The Tax Treatment of Municipal Discount Bonds: Rebuttal and Expansion. Kaufman, George G. // Financial Management (1972);Winter82, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p48
This article analyzes the rebuttal and expansion issues in tax treatment of municipal discount bonds. Municipal bonds are typically sold in the form of a serial issue by an issuing state or local entity jurisdiction to an underwriter or underwriting syndicate either by competitive bid or by...
- Zero-coupon Oregon education GOs prove popular with savings-conscious buyers. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;02/27/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30340, p7
Reports on developments in retail investments in the Western States. Popularity of zero-coupon bonds in the Oregon Board of Higher Education's general obligation issue among savings-conscious buyers; Popularity of the intermediate range of the municipal bonds yield curve among Arizona clients...
- Some Buyers See 'Zero' Opportunities in Secondary Market. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p34
Reports on the profitability of investing on the undervalued, zero-coupon bond market in the U.S. Valuation of zero-coupon bonds; Level of volatility; Amount of trading activity.
- The Canadian market for zero-coupon bonds. // Bank of Canada Review;Winter96/97, p47
Presents information on zero-coupon bonds in Canadian financial markets. Structure of zero-coupon bonds; Maturity of zero-coupon bonds at the time of repayment; Information on the types of zero-coupon bonds available. INSET: Matching future cash flow obligations with zero-coupon bonds..
- INTERNATIONAL TAX. Reid, Alan; Secular, Leslie // Accountancy;Jun82, Vol. 93 Issue 1066, p13
Reports that the Swiss federal tax authorities have issued a draft ruling on its tax treatment of zero coupon bonds.
- Zero-coupon bonds offer power of compounded growth. Goldwasser, Edgar L. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/13/95, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p40
Features zero-coupon bonds as an investment choice in the United States. Description of zero-coupon bonds; Features; Types of zero-coupons.