The hazards of being too social: Lethal horizontal transfer of Premise
- Get thermal under there. Stammen, Kelli // Pest Control;Feb2005, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p60
Reports on the availability of the HomeGuard Subterranean Termite Monitoring System, a new systems which creates an exaggerated thermal shadow that attracts termites naturally. Product structural design; Description on how the system works; Uniqueness of the new monitoring system over other systems.
- New Products. // Pest Control;Aug2004, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p108
Features several products in the pest control industry. Key features of Suspend SC and Maxforce Granular Fly Bait from Bayer Environmental Science; Availability of No-Zap fly control products from Farnam Co. Inc.; Usefulness of EZ-Klean from VM Products Inc.
- Bayer discontinues Outpost, registers Maxforce TMS. // Pest Control;Feb2004, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p47
Reports that Bayer Environmental Science discontinued its Outpost termite baiting system. Business strategy; Concentration of efforts on its flagship product Premise; product marketing.
- Targeting termites. Jones, Susan // Pest Control;Feb2004, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p32
Discusses the importance of baiting system in locating baiting sites of pests. Identification of targeted placement sites; Percentage of targeted placements infested by termites; Indication of faster identification of termite's location.
- Ten years on. Andorka, Frank H. // Pest Control;Feb2005, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p51
Presents updates of the pest management project initiated by Dow AgroSciences LLC evaluating the use of Sentricon Termite Colony Elimination System to house test sites. Ability of the Sentricon system to knockdown the termite colonies in a four-story structure in New Orleans; Application of the...
- U.S. EPA registers Recruit IV. // Pest Control;Nov2004, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p61
Reports on the federal registration received by Dow AgroSciences LLC for its Recruit IV termite bait for the Sentricon Termite Colony Elimination System. Capacity of Recruit IV; Features of the termite bait; Study conducted by the company that shows termites preference on preferred textured...
- PC Reports: Ant baits. // Pest Control;Apr2005, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p97
Features ant baits, available as of April 2005. Uncle Albert's Super Smart Ant Bait; Bayer Environmental Science's Maxforce line; Pro-Joe-S Ant Bait-Gel Formula 4.5; Revenge Ant Killer Bait; DuPont Professional Products' Advion fire ant bait; Exosect's Exoant.
- Summertime blues? Not if you're a rodent. Bruesch, Ted // Pest Control;Aug2004, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p99
The article discusses how to control rodents during summer time. Importance of preventive rodent control program; Control of rodent infestation; Usefulness of baits.
- Ask the Expert. Mampe, Doug // Pest Control;Feb2005, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p62
Presents a question and answer advisory on issues related to pest control. Detailed rules and regulation for the use of foamboard; Proposed solution to manage termite colonies in a three-year-old townhouse; Possible use of insect light traps to reduce flying insects and spider population.