Pennsylvania to help University of Pittsburgh fund arena
- U. of Pittsburg redeploys brands. // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p12
Presents in formation on the opening of a University of Pittsburgh food court. Detailed information on this; Expected annual revenue from this venture; Comments from Andrea Spandonis, regional operations manager.
- Pitt prevails. Selz, Michael // Executive Report;Apr94, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p16
Presents an overview of the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania. Historical background; Employment rate; Research and development projects; Relation to the community; Completion of Pitt's Biotechnology Center; Budget allocations; Higher education programs; Implementation of cost-saving...
- Filling the Gaps in Bariatric Surgical Researchâ€”Correction. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;12/14/2005, Vol. 294 Issue 22, p2848
The correction is given for the misidentified University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's health plan, which was mentioned in the October 19, 2005 article "Filling the Gaps in Bariatric Surgical Research."
- Kentucky lawmakers increase school technology funding 218% to $127M. // Electronic Education Report;06/24/98, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p6
Reports that the Kentucky Legislature has voted to increase funding for the state's Master Technology Plan for the 1998-2000 funding cycle. Awarding of funds based on the school districts' unmet need and average daily attendance; Priority projects for districts under the plan; Move to meet the...
- $23 Billion 'Jobs Fund' Will Avert Teacher Layoffs. // Economic Opportunity Report;2010, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on the capability of the 23 billion U.S. dollar education jobs fund of the Jobs for Main Street Act of 2010 to prevent teacher layoffs in the U.S.
- Arkansas School Officials: Funding Plan Should Include Capital Access. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/14/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31676, p4
Focuses on the disagreement between lawmakers and school administrators of Arkansas, regarding options to retool the public education financing formula of the state. Time stipulated by the state Supreme Court to the legislators for placing finance formula; Peril faced by the state; Adequacy...
- NEW MEXICO: Asking for More. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;12/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31277, p29
Reports on the approval of budget by New Mexico Board of Education for public schools in 2003. Requests for additional finance by the public school officials; Consideration of two other proposals by the board; Priority of the proposal to hike salaries of the teachers.
- Texas School Districts Back in Court to Fight Finance Formula. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p3
Reports on the plans of four school districts in Texas to request the Third Court of Appeals to reconsider a district court judge's ruling regarding the state's school finance formula. School districts' objections to the school funding by the state; Provisions of the school funding formula.
- Judge orders Alabama to aid black colleges. // Jet;1/20/92, Vol. 81 Issue 13, p22
Reports on a ban by a US District judge on racism in awarding funds to Alabama's public colleges. Call for millions of dollars for improvements at Alabama's two black public colleges; Comments by Dr. C.C. Baker, interim president at Alabama State University; Impact on predominantly white...