Minority-owned firms lost ground in '97, but predict a comeback this year
- TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;2/8/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33262, p31
The article presents the top 10 stories mailed to the web site of the journal "The Bond Buyer" in the U.S. as of February 5, 2010 including the goal of President Barack Obama to make Build American Bonds (BABs) program in its fiscal 2011 budget proposal, the increase in the number of minority...
- Making it work when the neighborhood is tough. Coeyman, Marjorie // Christian Science Monitor;6/22/98, Vol. 90 Issue 144, pB1
Profiles minority entrepreneurs who start businesses in United States urban inner-city neighborhoods. Difficulties in obtaining loans; Mixed success of community development corporations and other private organizations; Nuestra Communidad Development Corporation in Boston, Massassachusetts;...
- CBC seeks to end black, white business conflicts. // Jet;9/9/91, Vol. 80 Issue 21, p23
Discusses the Congressional Black Caucus's (CBC's) interest in resolving `conflict' between black-owned businesses and businesses owned by white women, which are participating in the Surface Transportation Act. How the conflicts began due to federal funding cutbacks; Comments by Caucus chair...
- Where do we go from here? Wallace, Robert L. // Corporate Detroit;Jan1994, Vol. 11 Issue 1, Corporate Colors p14
Offers advice for minority business owners on how to overcome business and economic challenges posed by American society. Looking beyond psychological bars; Believing in one's dreams; Assuming responsibility for one's economic destiny and prosperity; Building relationships with other minority...
- Minority businesses coming of age. Jacobie, Linda // Diversity Suppliers & Business Magazine;Fall94, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the number of minority-owned businesses in the United States. Statistics on the number of minority-owned businesses from the Department of Commerce; Description of minority purchasing; Information on Minority Business Enterprise Program.
- Asian-owned businesses set pace for growth. // Marketing Tools;Nov/Dec96 Supplement, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p6
Presents information on minority-owned business enterprises in the United States. Asian American businessmen's economic contribution; Other minorities' economic activities.
- Minority business: The new wave. Nelton, Sharon // Nation's Business;Oct95, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p18
Reports on developments related to minority-owned small businesses in the United States. Increase in number of minority-owned businesses; Minority entrepreneurs as being increasingly well-prepared to run businesses; Alliances with other companies; Sophistication in the marketing techniques of...
- You can play a vital role. // Nation's Business;Oct95, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p26
Offers advice on how to play a vital role in fostering the growth of minority business enterprises. Includes purchasing goods and services from minority-owned firms; Promoting minorities and women into positions of influences; Joining a minority purchasing network.
- Asian-Indian firms play role in US. // Christian Science Monitor;8/22/96, Vol. 88 Issue 188, p9
Reports on the total revenues of Asian-Indian businesses in the United States, in 1995.