M&S adds new lines
- Freedman's departure marks end of an era for HR at troubled Marks and Spencer. Cooper, Cathy // People Management;9/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the resignation of Marks and Spencer executive Clara Freedman in September 2000. Reason for the move; Reorganization efforts at Marks and Spencer; Criticism of Freeman's appointment at the company.
- Preston leaves M&S to run NPD at 2 Sisters. Ford, Richard // Grocer;11/16/2013, Vol. 236 Issue 8131, p74
The article announces the resignation of April Preston as one of the two heads of food product development at retailer Marks & Spencer.
- Raise where a raise is due. // In-Store Marketing;Jan2002, p41
Comments on the high salaries paid to executives of ailing retailers inspite of low achievements. Bonus of Mohammed al Fayed of Harrods Group; Complains of Marks & Spencer shareholders on the retailer's plan to increase share options for executive directors.
- Marks & Spencer Will Shut Shanghai Office, Lay Off Staff. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/12/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 92, p2
Announces the plans of Marks & Spencer, an apparel company, to close its office and to lay-off staff in Shanghai, Hong Kong. Number of people to be laid off; Implications of the plans.
- Weston replaces M&S's Jones. // Campaign;2/24/2012, Issue 8, p11
The article announces that Rob Weston, brand director for food at Marks & Spencer Group PLC, will replace former brand director Alison Jones.
- Ad chief ousted in M&S marketing cull. Storey, Justine // Marketing Week;4/12/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p7
Reports on Marks & Spencer PLC's dismissal of external advertising manager Matthew Chambers. Restructuring of the company's marketing department; Elimination of Chambers' role; Discussion with the firm regarding his future role.
- Gap's Thompson Appointed Director of M&S Children's. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/5/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 25, p12
Reports on Anthony Thompson's appointment as director of children's wear at Marks and Spencer PLC. Job responsibilities; Career background; Previous positionat Gap Stores; Action taken by Marks and Spencer and improve its children's wear business.
- where are they now? Phillips, Beth // Grocer;9/7/2013, Vol. 236 Issue 8121, p70
The article profiles former finance director Ian Dyson of British retailer Marks & Spencer.
- M&S: Stewart will leave in December. // Grocer;8/2/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8166, p53
The article announces that Alan Stewart will resign as chief finance officer of retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) effective December 1, 2014.