- The baby Jesus and the angel of light. Ragen, Brian Abel // Christian Century;12/13/95, Vol. 112 Issue 36, p1212
Presents author Brian Abel Ragen's reflections on his parents' Christmas stories about miracles. Lessons learned from the stories; Reminders of intimate moments with parents.
- God bless us one and all. Filiatreau, John // Louisville Magazine;Dec95, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p64
Presents a Christmas story which tells how Santa Claus gave a fawn as gift to a woman.
- Once upon a Christmas. // Good Housekeeping;Dec89, Vol. 209 Issue 6, p172
Presents a non-fiction Christmas story by Ferrol Sams, entitled `Once Upon a Christmas.'
- The Christmas angel. Hurley, Alice Garbarini // Good Housekeeping;Dec93, Vol. 217 Issue 6, p60
Depicts a young woman's unexpected encounter with memories of her mother during her first Christmas with her husband. Familiar woman in red; Decorating the Christmas tree; Pink-robed angel from the mother; Giving the ceramic angel away; Clodhoppers; Recovering the ceramic angel.
- THE PEDDLER CAME ADRIVING. O'Brien, Edward W. // Saturday Evening Post;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 265 Issue 6, p42
Relates the events of a Christmas Eve in 1907. Old Jake's eccentricities; Arrival of a long-bearded peddler; Events of the week before Christmas; Atmosphere of Christmas Eve's afternoon; Ritual of Christmas Eve; Jake's party for the peddler; The peddler's `gift'; Description of the town; Jake's...
- Two Santas for Christmas. Carrier, Roch; Duchesne, Bernard // Canadian Geographic;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 114 Issue 6, p34
Presents a short story entitled `Two Santas for Christmas' by Roch Carrier with illustrations by Bernard Duchesne about a four year old boy's memories of Christmas growing up in the Beauce region of Quebec.
- When Jannies visited. Guy, Ray; Pratt, Mary West // Canadian Geographic;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 113 Issue 6, p36
Presents a fictional story by Ray Guy about Christmas. Fear of creatures called jannies who might show up before the eve of or any night of the twelve days of Christmas; Christmas rituals.
- Barren Christmas. Ruhen, Olaf // Saturday Evening Post;12/10/1955, Vol. 228 Issue 24, p26
Presents the short story "Barren Christmas," by Olaf Ruhen.
- Good Tidings. Hall, Marcellus // New Yorker;12/08/97, Vol. 73 Issue 38, p30
Enumerates several christmas stories that met the standards set by William Joyce, an author and illustrator of children's books. Includes `Santa Calls,' by William Joyce; `How the Grinch Stole Christmas,' by Dr. Seuss; `The Tailor of Gloucester,' Frederick Warne.