- Lucky break for Essex retailer. // Cabinet Maker;01/16/98, Issue 5071, p40
Reports on furniture retailer Hatfields' acquisition of holiday vouchers as national winner of an Ercol window display competition in Great Britain. Publicity of the retailer's window display; Other winners in the competition.
- Chapmans unveils new window display. // Cabinet Maker;10/22/2010, Issue 5710, p12
The article reports on the expanded window display, from 12 square feet to 150 square feet, of furniture manufacturer Chapmans Furniture in Newcastle, England.
- It's the Dundee chainsaw massacre. // Cabinet Maker;7/19/2002, Issue 5296, p25
Describes the window display used by furniture store Suites Etc in Dundee, Scotland to promote its discount sale. Reactions of customers to the display.
- Displays and Merchandising are at the Heart of Sales. // Casual Living;Feb2008, Vol. 48 Issue 2, ps6
The article suggests ways to improve merchandise display at outdoor furniture stores. Lighting should be given special attention to achieve the desired theatrical or dramatic effect. The items with rare designs should somehow be included in the display. The arrangement of the furnishings should...
- Shoppers switch on to shops for style. // Cabinet Maker;3/26/2004, Issue 5381, p14
Highlights results of a survey of furniture shoppers in Great Britain, current as of March 26, 2004. Factors influencing the shopper choices of furniture; Age demographics; Social class; Home tenure; Extent by which in-store displays sway shopper ideas on what to buy. INSET: In focus.
- Henredon's revamped gallery program on track. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;7/6/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p25
The article reports on the decision of Henredon Furniture Industries Inc. to revamp its gallery program by giving it more in-house expertise and resources in the U.S. Since October 2008, it has already redesigned six galleries and has 15 new ones in the works bringing the number of Henredon...
- Window shopping. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;3/18/2005, Issue 5430, p41
Discusses the need for planning in designing effective window displays for furniture retailers in Great Britain. Importance of a good window display to draw customers inside; Important criteria in window design; Other consideration involved such as designing a signage; Experience of several...
- Window shopping. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/13/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 8, p14
Features the themes for window dressing at various stores in California. Family values at Los Angeles-based American Rag; Flower power at Diane's in Manhattan Beach; Good old beach blanket bingo at Val's Surf Shop in Los Angeles; Crops, shorts and athletic sandals at Nike Town in Los Angeles.
- Window wonderlands. Stern, Ellen // Gourmet;Dec93, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p66
Looks at window displays by various department stores in New York for the 1993 Christmas season. Bill Conard's design for Lord & Taylor's in Fifth Avenue; Spaeth Design's work for Saks Fifth Avenue; Barney's New York's display space created by instore designers.