Entire stock destroyed in `mindless act'
- BorsodChem changes. Raleigh, Patrick // Urethanes Technology;Jun/Jul2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the acquisition of Milford Holdings Ltd. by VCP Industrie Beteiligungen AG of Vienna, Austria. Significance of the acquisition to Milford; Background on Milford; Business plans of VCP.
- Traditional sources targeting young adults. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;12/1/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p20
Reports on the business motive of various furniture companies to zero in on young adults to increase their sales for traditionally designed furniture. Demand for homes by younger customers in the U.S. and its impact on furniture businesses; Business strategies adopted by furniture companies to...
- Seven-year vacancy ended in Stamford office building. Dzikowski, Don // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/11/96, Vol. 35 Issue 46, p3
Reports on Milford, Connecticut-based Wayside Furniture's signing of a lease for showrooms on the Stamford property at the corner of the High Ridge and Buston Farm roads at the Merritt Parkway in Connecticut. Reason for Stamford's difficulty in attracting tenants; Renovations in the property;...
- Unconventional health care partnership forms. CUDA, AMANDA // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/15/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 37, p7
The article reports that Yale-New Haven Hospital operated by Yale New Haven Health System will put up its facility in partnership with Milford Hospital in Milford, Connecticut.
- Harrods launches a fine department. // Cabinet Maker;9/14/2001, Issue 5255, p4
Reports the launch of Harrods Fine Furniture department in the United States. Reproduction of furniture based from archive; Manufacturers of the upholstery collection of the store; Efforts of the business to update its furniture offerings.
- Theodore Alexander will shed OEM plant in Ho Chi Minh City. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;11/28/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p4
The article reports that furniture manufacturer Theodore Alexander has put Saigon Fine Furniture, its original equipment manufacturing (OEM) plant in Vietnam, up for sale or lease in order to concentrate on more profitable business. According to the author the company plans to fully utilize the...
- FFD&M introduces leather collection. Gunin, Joon // Furniture/Today;Nov2004 Supplement, Vol. 29, p9
The article reports that Fine Furniture Design & Marketing LLC has launched its first collection of leather upholstery at last month's High Point, North Carolina market, with some 20 groups in the newly created Fine Leather brand. The Chinese-produced upper-middle to better-priced leather...
- Businesses fined for flouting flammability regs. // Cabinet Maker;7/12/2013, Issue 5844, p4
The article reports on t 17,000-pound fine imposed to a group of furniture business that flouted flammability regulations in Great Britain by importing and retailing non-compliant furniture.
- Pilgrim Furniture opens 2nd Connecticut store. // Furniture/Today;6/23/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p54
The article reports on the opening by Pilgrim Furniture City of a new 80,000-square-foot furniture store in Milford, Connecticut in 2008. The new store is the company's second in Connecticut and among its key features is the biggest solar panel system in the New England region. Also cited are...